Thread: site sales and impulse buying

site sales and impulse buying

yesterday i heard from a surfer. he had questions about man of muscle. he said he had been tricked by tours before and wanted to know:

1. do we use DRM?
    2. how many total models did we have
    3. how many total shoots did we have
    4. what size were the pics
    5. were the pics downloadable

i wrote and answered his questions. i didn't actually even KNOW how many models we had on the site till i counted them for him *LOL* he wrote and thanked me and says he plans to join this weekend.

whether he joins or not, i have been hearing this kind of questions from more and more surfers, a bunch of whom joined after i wrote them back. i'm not sure if it's the specific type of site i have or if more and more surfers have had bad experiences and are hoping i'll be honest with them.

is anyone else getting emails like this from potential members - and if so, are any of them joining your site after you respond?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I usually get emails from surfers asking if our videos are downloadable. It is funny because it is posted all over the tour and even if video previews but they still ask. I have seen most of them join after I tell them they are. Another one I get is what formats our videos are avaliable in which is the same thing all over the site but they ask anyway. I would say over 90% join after I answer these specific questions. I hope that helps.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

as several have explained to me, the site tours say one thing but the member areas are something else. i've seen a LOT of tours that claim to have downloadable videos that don't have 'em.

the surfers wondering about formats can't go wrong in your sites - you have all the popular video formats

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    I usually get emails from surfers asking if our videos are downloadable. It is funny because it is posted all over the tour and even if video previews but they still ask. I have seen most of them join after I tell them they are. Another one I get is what formats our videos are avaliable in which is the same thing all over the site but they ask anyway. I would say over 90% join after I answer these specific questions. I hope that helps.

Mark

abostonboy
    I use to get questions are the videos downloadable

Now I get asked if they are DRM protected.

I feel the DRM is an issue that makes many not join.

Even on my link list I get asked that question about sites I adverstise.

maxpower
    Well if you ask me the fact this guy has to worry so much about this stuff on a site that is 14.95-19.95 tells me he’s just a content sucker “or what ever you guys want to call it” I mean come on you can not get a meal at jack-in the box for that now days, these people have really got to get real. If you are that worried about 20$ that you have to e-mail someone before joining maybe you should not join and spend that time getting a really job. How spoiled are these people getting, or really how worthless do they think what we offer is. Again I think it our fault we try to give them a really good deal, and offer all kinds of content at rock bottom prices and the lower the prices and more content we offer the more worthless many take it to be. I do think with my new site for a few weeks at least I will try charging 34.95 with-out any trials to see how it works. I have seen allot of sites that do that now, maybe if I say my stuff has more value they will believe it, or at least this way I can make more. :penny:

max, do you ever know anything you talk about or do you only guess randomly?

i have had a bunch of such guys join, and not one uses a site sucker - i DO have server stats, you know. most rebill as well. they're not worried about the money and most have joined many sites without getting what they want. they just get tired of joining sites and not having the promised features.

if i went to several resturants that promised me vegetarian soup and non fat soft serve and didn't get it, you bet your ass i would call new resturants i was considering going to before i went there. what is the point of not getting what you want - whether it's $5 or $5000?

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    Well if you ask me the fact this guy has to worry so much about this stuff on a site that is 14.95-19.95 tells me he’s just a content sucker “or what ever you guys want to call it” I mean come on you can not get a meal at jack-in the box for that now days, these people have really got to get real. If you are that worried about 20$ that you have to e-mail someone before joining maybe you should not join and spend that time getting a really job. How spoiled are these people getting, or really how worthless do they think what we offer is. Again I think it our fault we try to give them a really good deal, and offer all kinds of content at rock bottom prices and the lower the prices and more content we offer the more worthless many take it to be. I do think with my new site for a few weeks at least I will try charging 34.95 with-out any trials to see how it works. I have seen allot of sites that do that now, maybe if I say my stuff has more value they will believe it, or at least this way I can make more. :penny:

maxpower
    But where are all these sites that are not giving them the 20$ worth? Granted I am sick, and have been working for so long I can not even remembers the month I started, but I really think 90% of sites are offering at least a good value on this stuff, and these people are just being unreasonable.

Really I work to hard and have many many people join a day I do not really have time to track them but I will take your word on it.

Since you know about all this what do you think about charging more? I have really been thinking about charging 34.95 or at least for a few weeks to see. I know I would get a drop in retention/sales “maybe”, but would still make almost 2X as much on each sale

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Remember the rule, Patti... don't feed the troll

We used to get a lot of the sorts of questions you're describing. Less so recently, I think that a lot of the q's are answered in our knowledgebase in our member ticket system (which I'm fighting with an upgrade right now... arrgh...) because we get reports from it that say things like "54 tickets were entered, but 37 were answered through the knowledgebase and were closed to the customer's satisfaction"

I do think that a short answer that isn't boilerplate goes a looong way with surfers these days... if they know someone cares and responds, they are much more likely to subscribe and stay a member.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    I think it also gives the surfer a feeling of security when someone actually answers the email. Less of a feeling of possibly being suckered if he feels someone on the other end actually cares enough to reply to his email.

Drink JW... Be Super! jorgeBigCash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr
    I think it also gives the surfer a feeling of security when someone actually answers the email.
    I agree, and we've been getting our share as well over the past 2 months. There was one that dragged on and on, opened a couple tickets with the same questions for 2 days. Those you want to strangle, but the most part they will signup, especially knowing there questions have been answered and could expect this kind of response as member's if they run into problems.