Thread: Do you put your price on your tours?

Marc

Do you put your price on your tours?

I put a price on my tour saying "What do you get for under $30 these days"?

Im wondering if that can kill sales, or if that improves sales. Shoudl I just take it off and let them figure it out for themselves when they get to the join form?

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    I put a price on my tour saying "What do you get for under $30 these days"?

Im wondering if that can kill sales, or if that improves sales. Shoudl I just take it off and let them figure it out for themselves when they get to the join form?
    Take it off. Or use only on the signup form...

This was a very typical tactic that Dave started when he first started UGAS.

Everyone was saying less than the cost of a pizza.

the only way i would consider putting a price on a tour is if my price were unusually low - $14.95 or less. but generally no - i don't consider it's a plus to make people think about money when i want them to think about being horny.

maxpower
    Ya bass is right, I have a site with the price in the tour but its 19.95 and about to change that site allot and drop it to 9.95. I will plaster the 9.95 every place though, because it will be a big selling point of that redone site. :$$$:

Marc
    thanks appreciate the feedback

I put prices on the join page so they don't have to click through to the actual signup form to see how much it's going to be (and I *hate* those sites that make you enter and email address, username, etc. before you find out how much the site costs).

Toni_Enzo
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie
    I put prices on the join page so they don't have to click through to the actual signup form to see how much it's going to be (and I *hate* those sites that make you enter and email address, username, etc. before you find out how much the site costs).
    Yep... what the webmaster is trying to say is "Hey...I just might fool you..."

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Enzo
    Yep... what the webmaster is trying to say is "Hey...I just might fool you..."
    I Think Condom Cash does that?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie
    I hate those sites as well, BIG mistake on their part

I don't see a problem puting a price on your tour as long as it's not seen on every screen and thrown in their face, so they can focus on sex not money my .00002cents

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    I hate those sites as well, BIG mistake on their part

I don't see a problem puting a price on your tour as long as it's not seen on every screen and thrown in their face, so they can focus on sex not money my .00002cents
    There is a whole art to what they are doing.

1. A two part signup page in general is a good idea. I used one w/ CCbill only because I could never find a template that I liked enough. So I used my own to send all the info, but CC to their form and the surfer just had to enter CC info. All the while they were entering name etc they were seeing pics that still made them want to continue enetering it. Plus I was able to capture email adresses on my end. With the spam laws now that email address is not worth as much. But even then I had my price on the page. I feel I had sold them enough in my tour.

2. The other issue you usually see a signup page without a price is when the webmaster has felt he hasn't sold them enough on his tour. He wants to make the surfer eneter the information, thinking the site maybe free or at a low price. Then the surfer's like oh shit I already entered it, why not join? Plus the webmaster has collected a shitload of email addresses.

I wanted to market one site in the Condom Cash portfolio but didn't think a half page ad leading to a signup w/o a price would sell. And I still wanna market that site... Oh well....