Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does ccbill periodically log into your site?

does ccbill periodically log into your site?

as of two days ago, our paysite had 1 ccbill login for this month. today it shows 2 logins by ccbill, so we had them in the member area a second time this month.

is anyone else seeing regular ccbill logins in their paysites?

Life is a dick and when it´s get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Hey Basschick,

I am just wondering how you see this? Are you using Strongbox or something similar or are you just combing through the logfiles?

DEVELISH

maxpower
    I assume its like verotel, they list non paid users and normally something like “administration” or what ever. I know verotel only did stuff like that the first 3-4 months then stooped, it really made me wonder too what the problem was and why they where not talking to me about it.

maxpower
    I know Bass you are clear in your tour about the non nude stuff, but I bet some of your viewers are bitching trying to get their money back is the only thing I can think of. I know you run a really high rated site and all so not knocking that, but I can see some people tying to say that stuff after like 5-7 days to basically rip you off.

DEVELISH - i just check my server stats. they show me who logs in.

max, how do you come up with this crazy shit? do you live on conspiracy theories?

1. we have had zero chargebacks.
    2. ccbill would have contacted us.
    3. we are retaining members at a normal rate.
    4. we hear from a lot of our members who are perfectly happy.

maxpower
    Well that was just my first thought, and not sure they could get a charge back anyway, but might get them to look at your site. I have only had 2 charge backs in a year so it not like its common or anything, and sure most people are happy never said anything like that. Just think what I said would be the only thing people could say about your site, to get them to keep looking at it. My processor has never contacted me about anything

i suspect they are checking to make sure that there is no adult content inside the site. we are listed as non adult with them and are obligated not to have anything sexually explicit inside the site.

but honestly, they may check everyone's site periodically. do you even check to see if your processor logs in?

maxpower
    Ya I do check, about every week or two mainly just to see what the members are doing, but I do use verotel “right now” but they have not done that in over 8 months now. The first 3 month or so they checked on the site a few times a month, but after that nothing. I always did wonder what was up with them, but I guess they did not have any big problems or I would have know about it.

I did not think they had enough non nude gay/guy sites to have a category for them, I was kind of thinking that was the point in you making that site. But maybe your right if that is the case, but 2 times in a month is allot to check just for something like that.

BTW do you get a processing break on having a non nude site with them? Even if its still pretty sexually.

maxpower
    Ya I know I miss used the word sexually should be sexual :wacko: One of these days I am going to read this stuff before I post it

I don't have CCBill and Verotel hasn't logged into my site :thumbsup:

voted best dresser
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    as of two days ago, our paysite had 1 ccbill login for this month. today it shows 2 logins by ccbill, so we had them in the member area a second time this month.

is anyone else seeing regular ccbill logins in their paysites?
    Basschick, There are a few reasons this could happen and the first and the most common is if a customer complains of an access issue. Our customer support reps will try to verify the claim by logging in as the customer. And the second reason we may login to your site is because our review department does periodic checks on every site we process for to make sure they are still within our AUP (acceptable use policy) and to make sure there is no illegal content.

Hit me up if you have any further questions.

paulk@ccbill.com
    i c q 248615940

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by CCBill Paul
    Basschick, There are a few reasons this could happen and the first and the most common is if a customer complains of an access issue. Our customer support reps will try to verify the claim by logging in as the customer. And the second reason we may login to your site is because our review department does periodic checks on every site we process for to make sure they are still within our AUP (acceptable use policy) and to make sure there is no illegal content.

Hit me up if you have any further questions.

paulk@ccbill.com
    i c q 248615940
    Now that makes sense.

I use to have the same issue when I had proxy pass and someone would give out their pw and it would hit the trading boards and get removed. CCbill would even send an email once and a while and I would explain why the pw was no longer working.

voted best dresser
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy
    Now that makes sense.

I use to have the same issue when I had proxy pass and someone would give out their pw and it would hit the trading boards and get removed. CCbill would even send an email once and a while and I would explain why the pw was no longer working.
    Yes, well when a customer complains we will first try to access and if we are unable to do so then we will email the webmaster letting them know of the problem.

-Paul

I would have thought any reputable CC processor will now log in to your site from time to time to check your content has not changed from what it was when they approved you. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Chargebacks etc it is covering themselves from providing access to illegal content.....They would only contact you about it if they saw something they didn't like or were concerned about.
    Domain inventory sale.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Not to mention if there's an issue with a site not complying with Visa regs, and Visa discovers it, CCBill gets enormous fines.

I wonder if Visa's compliance department also does periodic monitoring?

Patti.... remember the rule