Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do one page tours really convert?

dannyz

Do one page tours really convert?

So anyways, I've been noticing a lot of sponsors, especially on the straight side of the biz, have 1 page tours, usually with 3 videosamples, and am wondering if that really works.

We actually take heaps of time on our tours and they are quite extensive, as I find that it really helps with making the site 'sticky' and increasing traffic, but I'm wondering if their is some benefit to these 'quickie' tours. I mean we could easily put toghether a bunch of tours with 1 page in all kinds of niches to offer resellers, do you think this is something affiliates would like and promote?

Interested to know your thoughts...

Marc
    im doing a 1 pager now, I'll let you know : )

dannyz
    Cool, thanks Marc. :-)

I remember I used to do 1 page on AVS sites and they usually didn't sell nearly as much as the 2/3 page tours, but that's the only frame of reference I have.

abostonboy
    They sell. IF done right.

* Warning! Browser Hijacking link below. Click with extreme caution.
    http://chiseledbeef.com/maintour.php/1057/6/A

I could see that selling.

* This post was edited by xstr8guy

Gay is the new Black
    With exclusive models, fitting to their niche and of top notch looks (again, hot by niche standards) anything works.

i've had good luck converting some single-page tours

From what I've seen all of the condomcash tours are 1 page. So I just assume they must sell

Good luck with your new one Marc
    Domain inventory sale.

maxpower
    Their are acceptation’s for everything, but small one page tours are mainly made by people more interested in pushing out crappy sites one after another with very similar content in all of them. All I can really talk about what I am doing, and say for sure I could have made 4 or 5 of those types of sites for the time and money I spent on this 1 tour. The tour is about the most important thing about a site as far as conversions, and after all with out that you have nothing. You can try to promote 1 page tours if you want, but I would not send much traffic and be ready to take it down quick. Now if the one page is very long with free videos and many image samples it can work, but even then that style of a site is getting so 1999

dannyz
    Thanks for all your input everyone :groovy: I do agree if they are *done right* they will sell, but for long term branding and 'stickiness' I think having the main tour being more extensive is a good idea.

That said, offering our affiliates different one page micro-niches alternate tours with all exclusive content seems like a good idea, think we'll be giving it a try. :sun:

Cheers,
    dannyz

Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights
    With exclusive models, fitting to their niche and of top notch looks (again, hot by niche standards) anything works.

Ooooh I like your style IdolKnights very true indeed :groovy:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    Their are acceptation’s for everything, but small one page tours are mainly made by people more interested in pushing out crappy sites one after another with very similar content in all of them.
    (Balance of ignorant post snipped)

And once again, Max demonstrates his deep, compelling wisdom of the industry.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip
    (Balance of ignorant post snipped)

And once again, Max demonstrates his deep, compelling wisdom of the industry.

Look man you have ALOT of problems with you tour so I am not sure I would be throwing stones if I was you. First off you tour is SLOW as HELL, the graphics suck, and yes you have a few good looking models but that’s about it. What did they spend to make that site like 1-2 weeks right? If you think what I said was wrong please provide some real examples would be nice, but unless you can whip it out I would STFU. I am not one that believe the crappyer you make a tour the more sales you will make, but apparently you do, or is it that was the best you could do?

If you ask me most of this hostility comes from fear more than anything, when my site is open for affiliates I will challenge anyone to run both our sites and see who sales the best.

Toni_Enzo
    sure, everything works, but one page tours usually have sites with NON-exclusive pictures, those that can be seen anywhere else, and with tons of plugins...

If you have exclusive content, you want to show it off, not hide it...

blah blah blah West Hollywood bitchfest over

n e x t :king:

*LOLOLOLOLOLOL*

*gasps for breath*

do you work hard to make yourself seem this foolish or does it come naturally?

you know, sometimes you seem intellegent and then you post the stuff you have on this thread and i almost feel like there are two different people posting sharing the nickname maxpower. and darn it, tonight we get this one.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    Look man you have ALOT of problems with you tour so I am not sure I would be throwing stones if I was you. First off you tour is SLOW as HELL, the graphics suck, and yes you have a few good looking models but that’s about it. What did they spend to make that site like 1-2 weeks right? If you think what I said was wrong please provide some real examples would be nice, but unless you can whip it out I would STFU. I am not one that believe the crappyer you make a tour the more sales you will make, but apparently you do, or is it that was the best you could do?

If you ask me most of this hostility comes from fear more than anything, when my site is open for affiliates I will challenge anyone to run both our sites and see who sales the best.