Thread: Do You Think The Gay Side Of The Industry Is Often Forgotten About...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Do You Think The Gay Side Of The Industry Is Often Forgotten About...

By the larger, more well-known primarily straight companies?

For example, how many of you folks knew that Xbiz was holding a get-together this week?

To me, thats another example of a company not informing the gay webmaster community about stuff that is happening that could affect our businesses, go to any of the straight boards and ask how many people are attending this Xbiz show and the threads will be full of replies yet, ask on any of the gay forum and the thread gets perhaps one or two responses from people who are attending, like Roberts thread a few days ago.

Also, what about sponsors that offer raised payouts during certain pay periods? I very rarely see any of the larger sponsor programs posting on any of the gay boards when they offer their affiliates extra incentives to promote their sites yet again, on the vast majority of straight webmaster forums, you really cant seem to go 24 hours without a promotion being posted about.

In the last 2-3 years has the gay side of the industry become more or less targeted by straight companies over all? I mean sure, a few companies have actively gone out of their way to attract a larger gay following such as TopBucks, XXXCash and now SicCash with their new gay affiliate program but, for the most part, do you get the feeling that a lot of these companies just want our traffic and money without having any second thoughts about what we would like to know about as a webmaster community?

What are your thoughts on this topic? Are we as a community more often than not overlooked by companies and, do you think that has good or bad connotations on those companies that do/dont overlook the gay industry as a viable business option?

Regards,

Lee

Marc
    I think TopBucks, Siccash and Nasty Dollars have been really good about it. As good or better than most gay sponsors. They put just as much effort into their their gay sites as their straight sites which I like.

Top bucks shoots origional content and comes up with cool fantasy concepts like blind date sex, first time, college parties, first time big cock, etc.

Brad Shaw was talking about the gay market like he knew the ins and out. Was talking about why bareback sells and what goes on in a gay surfers head when he sees bareback and how its taboo.
    He has cool different ideas too like cruise patrol, park ranger sex, and now his uncut sites.

These companies didnt just buy a couple of Ounique cd's and slap a site together and call it _____ boys or ______ twinks, they put a lot of effort into it.

So many straight sponsors out there make a gay site like they just dont give a fuck. Just throw it out there and hope it sells.
    I mean ARS has a site called "Totally Straight Fags". What the fuck is THAT? Thats so insulting, you want our money then call us fags?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    These companies didnt just buy a couple of Ounique cd's and slap a site together and call it _____ boys or ______ twinks, they put a lot of effort into it.

So many straight sponsors out there make a gay site like they just dont give a fuck. Just throw it out there and hope it sells.
    I mean ARS has a site called "Totally Straight Fags". What the fuck is THAT? Thats so insulting, you want our money then call us fags?
    I notice you have a referral link to the new SicCash gay program in your sig, can i ask if you have been inside the members area of any of those sites as yet?

If so, how would you rate them on a scale of 1 to 10?

Also, what are your thoughts on the 2 pre-checked cross-sells on the join form that amount to another $60 per month for the member?

Regards,

Lee

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    I notice you have a referral link to the new SicCash gay program in your sig, can i ask if you have been inside the members area of any of those sites as yet?

If so, how would you rate them on a scale of 1 to 10?

Also, what are your thoughts on the 2 pre-checked cross-sells on the join form that amount to another $60 per month for the member?

Regards,

Lee
    I havent been inside the members area, but SicCash has been my #3 highest paying sponsor in the years Ive been in the biz, so I trust the checks on this new program will be more of that.
    I dont like pre-checked cross sells but a lot of people do it not just them.

To be honest I've joined many many sites and havent been in any members area that have blown me away and made me want to stay a member for more than a month. Thats why I do per signup.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    I havent been inside the members area, but SicCash has been my #3 highest paying sponsor in the years Ive been in the biz, so I trust the checks on this new program will be more of that.
    I dont like pre-checked cross sells but a lot of people do it not just them.

To be honest I've joined many many sites and havent been in any members area that have blown me away and made me want to stay a member for more than a month. Thats why I do per signup.
    Interesting thanks Marc

Speaking as someone who has been inside the members area of these new sites, i personally wont be promoting them, there are 10 DVDs purchased from WWC, and 10 sets of content purchased from Ounique in the members area, the rest of it is the same tired old plugins and a huge banner farm trying to upsell the member to other paysites.... Before they even hit the members area :eek:

Not sure if this is going to work but here is a layout of their members area one long scrolling page...

To me, its just another gay site thrown together by a straight sponsor to make money from us except this time they threw it up on a different domain to make it at least look like they give a toss about us.

It is a shame to, if they had actually put some effort in to these sites they could be on to a real winner.

Regards,

Lee

GaySearch4Sex
    this is why WEG Cash brought me on a little while ago - to help them better understand and cater to the gay market:gaydays:

they offer two gay sites currently, one Join 4 Free and the Other a Free/$1/Paid Trial Site.

However, they've wanted to expand their gay program for a while to diversify but didnt want to do what you're complaining about - not supporting or caring about their gay sites & gay webmasters

We are shooting exclusive content right now - and it looks pretty hot :pimp:

We've also got a tons more projects planned for both the Gay AND Straight Side...

I think they notice us now more then they used to :pimp: