Thread: What Do Listeners Listen To When They Listen To Radio Online?

cheapdick

Post What Do Listeners Listen To When They Listen To Radio Online?

Goldie
    For the past two years, I listen to nothing but Sirius radio all day. I can usually maintain a signal in my home office with the antenna and the boombox, but sometimes it craps out and I switch to the on-line feed. When I am forced to listen to FM, I honestly can hardly stand it anymore, especially the commercials!

Paco
    I rarely listen to traditional (AM/FM) radio, because the music is far from what I listen to - there are no house stations in ARedNeckTown (Edmonton).
    I mean come-on ... how many YEEEE-HAH radio stations can one place really have? Oh, oh ... and how about the umpteen billions of relic rock, pop40 and 80's stations. Puh_leeeez!
    When I do listen, it's th@ schitzo ArtBell (or whomever replaced him), th@ I'm tuning in to.

I often listen to streaming radio at work, but it is typically a statoin that plays house, electronic or 'computer' music, jazz, soul, uplifting gospel (NO, I'm not religious) etc.

I do not do yak-yak (talk) radio!

cheapdick

Yeah

The only AM/FM Radio Station worth listening to in Canada is CBC. IMHO. That's the only one I listen too.:groovy:

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapdick
    The only AM/FM Radio Station worth listening to in Canada is CBC. IMHO. That's the only one I listen too.:groovy:
    although I do not support Canada's revised version of liberals, good choice.

CBC will be much better once th@ fossil Bachman and T.D.Mulletgan are skidded.

more jazz, less spazz and they'll do much better.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I'm a big fan of Radio io 80's. The io network has some amazing stations, with acoustic, edgy, 90's, ambient and more. The link here is for the 80's station but there's a row of links at the top of the page that will take you to all of their stations.

http://www.radioio.com/radioio80s.php

The reason I love this 80's station more than others is because they play tracks that never get heard on other stations. I mean, how many times can you hear Mickey and Hungry Like The Wolf, seriously. They will play album cuts from your favorite artists, remixes of well known songs, live versions, new songs by classice 80's artists and covers. He'll even play covers of classic 80's songs done by independant bands. It's a really well done show.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

cheapdick
    Come on now Paco, Randy puts on a good show. I love his anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    although I do not support Canada's revised version of liberals, good choice.

CBC will be much better once th@ fossil Bachman and T.D.Mulletgan are skidded.

more jazz, less spazz and they'll do much better.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapdick
    Come on now Paco, Randy puts on a good show. I love his anecdotes.
    okay, I'll admit he did make me chuckle a few times.
    For the first few years of my life, I was raised by my three older brothers - all listened to B.T.O. and many others from the ‘classic rock’ era.

a boy can only handle 'em so much, before he goes SNAP !