Well last I heard was that it was a toss up on how many used full screen versus pre set. I think too that one should check to see what the default factory setting is, in order to get an idea of what the majority use. I mean many surfers simply don't play with their screen resolution from when they pull the machine out of the box.

Wider and longer the page, the more elements you can put into it, and the more elements you have the longer the page takes to load. Simple fact of life, so if your client is on dial up it will make a difference, so yes, whether they connect via dsl or broadband does matter to a degree unless you maintain a strict page load speed policy in your design.

I know from my own stats that 1024 is now a majority of viewers. So for me I can slowly increase my width from the 770px size to where it is now running at 800px. I'd qualify that too by looking at the increase in firefox users. WIth the sidebar option you still can't go full width. THat should be taken into account.

my 2 cents :coffee: