Thread: IE 7's Agressive Pop Up Blocking

Dzinerbear

IE 7's Agressive Pop Up Blocking

Hi all,

I brought this up a few weeks back, but it seems the IE 7 is treating any link inside a Javascript or one that opens a blank window as a pop-up and it won't open the link. It does display a note in the bottom left status bar of the browser that the surfer must click Control + Enter to follow this link.

I don't know about you, but I have thousands of links across a number of sites and this is disturbing. So much for keeping your site window open and sending the surfer to a new window. What a mess this is.

Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Michael,

This was one of the concerns a lot of people had several years ago when pop-up blockers became the new trend online, that legitimate website links would no longer function correctly.

Unfortunately, its taken about 4 years but those concerns that were pretty much laughed at, at the time, are now a reality.

Its a shame that many in the non-adult realm decided to abuse pop-ups so much because now, they have pretty much put the final nail in the coffin for links that open in a new window

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    The ironic thing is that it will be about a week and there will be a hack that will allow IE7 popups. The only thing that will be blocked is legitimate _blank links. :cry:

Since I refuse to install Microsoft beta products, I need to ask... how does IE treat other types of links such as _top?