Thread: Buy membership now - pay later?

marcjacob

Buy membership now - pay later?

I wont post a link unless asked to as im new and dont want to look like a spammer...

But.. there is a service i saw on gfy that lets the surfer join the site then pay when they get invoiced. Would you allow that on your site?

Im tempted to feed exit traffic from my sign up page (ccbill eu lets u put a pop up on exit from the sign up page) but would they pay?

Is it worth some not paying if others do?

I dont know if this is a good idea so any advice would be great :3ymca:

maxpower
    It worked out really good for Wimpy, but not so sure the Burger Guy liked it very much. How about you let me have a free membership to your sites and I will gladly pay you on Tuesday :groovy:

i've seen one company that does this. personally i'd prefer to send my declines to a second processor but you can ask that company what their percentage of successful collections are and what for what countries. the original one i saw only does the u.s., i believe.

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    How about you let me have a free membership to your sites and I will gladly pay you on Tuesday :groovy:
    darlin you can have a free membership anytime, its a girly site though (gay ones coming!)

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    i've seen one company that does this. personally i'd prefer to send my declines to a second processor but you can ask that company what their percentage of successful collections are and what for what countries. the original one i saw only does the u.s., i believe.
    exactly.. i tried sending exit traffic to a join for free site but they ask for a credit card which im guessing alot of exit traffic wont have (some will just not be interested of course).

Part of me thinks they wont pay, part of thinks some might. This one is us only but then the big bulk of my sign ups are us.

why not send your exit traffic to a second tour of the same site? unless you are sending a lot of exit traffic to the site, the surfers were interested enough in your niche or site to see your tour in the first place. for some reason, this first tour just didn't close them.

if it's only your own traffic, and you don't care for those options, why not send them a popup offering 2 sites in the same niche and 2 - 4 in complementary niches? like if you have a solo girl amateur site, why not create a popup with 2 solo girl sites on it, 1 lesbian site, 1 site like ftv girls and 1 celeb site? exits take some tweaking and you need to keep track of your stats. if 3 of the sites on your exit are not getting clicks, keep replacing them till all of the sites are getting clicks UNLESS only one site on the exit is getting most of the clicks but it is getting sales.

or you can either use rabbitsreviews affiliate program if it's still around or else have your own mini review site made and pop that up. that way you can not only filter the hell out of your exit traffic but you can also get some bookmarkers.

or do what nextdoorcash does and offer a special lower price for the site on the console - like if your site charges $24.95, why not offer them a membership for $14.95 instead? after all, they're already leaving

marcjacob
    Some great ideas there basschick. No ones buying the buy now pay later thing are they.. I might offer a trial to the exit traffic. See how that goes. Any more ideas/advice?

i'll tell you why i'm not buying it. it could make sense for declines, but most of the guys who are exiting AREN'T declines. they just decided not to join, so offering them a join option for a site they just decided they didn't want to join doesn't make much sense to me.

i wouldn't offer a trial - just a lower monthly price. trials suck and these guys are far from convinced they like the site already.

Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob
    Some great ideas there basschick. No ones buying the buy now pay later thing are they.. I might offer a trial to the exit traffic. See how that goes. Any more ideas/advice?

marcjacob
    more good points. so maybe use this service for declines, then a tenner of for exit. what would you do with exit traffic that never reach the sign up pages in the first first place? thanks basschick your advice is very much appreciated (you --> :king: hehe)