Thread: Question for you Floridians

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

Question for you Floridians

What is a good restaurant to go to near the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood? I don't mean upscale walmart good, I am looking for cloth napkins, wait staff that can pass a drug test, a liquor license [not for me ;-) ] and preferably an ocean view??

Any suggestions are appreciated!!!
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

maxpower
    Ask the concierge at your hotel, that’s what I do :thumbsup:

Typically I would ask at the hotel, so thank you Max but I want to try set something up before I get there. I loved the Phillippe Starke designed hotel/restaurant on South Beach but that is such a long drive and the traffic would be horrible on a Friday night!

South Beach is just too far to go for dinner from the Diplomat. I am sure there are some decent places in Ft Lauderdale, right?? C'mon Lee, divulge those secret romantic hideaways you take Gary Alan for elegant dinners with music, roses, and candlelight!

[you can stop laughing now]

;-)
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

maxpower
    What do you think of Ft Lauderdale? Its nice right? I know Hollywood FL sucks but Ft Lauderdale is supposed to be one of the 10 cites in the US, and maybe the top 5.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    There's a great restaurant right across the street from the Westin in that gigantic shopping complex. It's pretty upscale, food is good, service was impeccable, and, as an added bonus, they had several waiters and busboys that were *very* cute.

It's a little funky in that they have some tables that are pillow-on-the-floor sort of affairs where you could probably get cozy with your honey during dinner, but I seem to remember they do have regular tables (inside and outside) as well.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the name, but if you call the Westin and ask the name of the nice restaurant across the street with the funky tables, they'll immediately know what you're talking about.

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    I have a question for you Floridians:

Why the blue fuck do you stay in Florida after Hurricanes fuck your shit up every year? How many times does the rat have to be electrocuted before it realizes that it hasn't found the cheese?

Just curious... what is there that is so wonderful about Florida that keeps you around? Sure, I live in California and we have earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides, but nothing so grandiose on a Biblical scale of destruction as Florida. You don't see "Earthquake Evacuation Route" signs along our major freeways.

Can someone explain it to me? Just PM it to me so that I don't inadvertently hijack this thread.

Rocky

(PS: Chad, I would love to hunt for restaurants with you, but we won't be going to florida this year, it looks like. I am flat out broke after The Dicks of Hazzard... that movie tapped my bank account pretty good.)
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Chad,

The best restaurant near the Westin in Florida, is the one inside the hotel itself to the left of the main entrance as you walk through the doors.

It isnt what i would call fine dining but its pretty close to it.

Alternately, there is a pretty good sushi house about 3 miles down the road from the hotel that is palatable

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by EonFilms_Rocky
    (PS: Chad, I would love to hunt for restaurants with you, but we won't be going to florida this year, it looks like. I am flat out broke after The Dicks of Hazzard... that movie tapped my bank account pretty good.)
    OMG someone please start a thread about budgeting for films! Fuck I know this feeling oh so well... and you still have models calling for work etc. How do others do it?

And this is not a thread hijack.... someone start a separate thread please... as I'm going to bed and will answer in the morning...

now back to sexy Chad and his fancy restaurants

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    Why the blue fuck do you stay in Florida after Hurricanes fuck your shit up every year? How many times does the rat have to be electrocuted before it realizes that it hasn't found the cheese?
    well i like the sun, and the cheap real estate cost. (and the fact i am as far away from rocky as I can get ( Jokeing rocky )
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    Chad, I know you said south beach is just too far. however, our favorite restaurant in all of south florida is Barton G's. They're big on huge portions and the presentation is stunning. And the food quality and taste is probably the best i ever had. It is by far the Pride Buck's team favorite restaurant. Barton G Restaurant You'll find them bayside in South Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt

now back to sexy Chad and his fancy restaurants
    Such a tease.

I remember the restaurant at the Westin but figured the places in the hotel would be really busy, and this is a dinner meeting with a straight client that really just involves money. Cuteness of waiters/waitresses would be wasted on this one, sorry Chip. ;-) The sushi place a few miles away peaks my curiosity--since I know it will be hot and humid, I don't really want to walk and would be embarrassed to take a cab a half mile, so 2 or 3 miles seems perfect.

The PrideBucks Stamp of Approval means a lot too but the cab fare could easily be as much as the meal going to South Beach!
    Harlan and I went to a wonderful place in the Lincoln area when I was there for an AA roundup. Harlan knows his South Beach. That man should write a guide [to many things......]
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com