Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are You More Likely To Promote Someones Site If They Post On The Boards?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Are You More Likely To Promote Someones Site If They Post On The Boards?

I just had a really interesting conversation with a guy that is getting ready to launch an affiliate program that has a couple of gay sites included in his lineup and we got talking about the best way he could earn his potential affiliates trust.

One method i mentioned to him, was posting regulary on a range of industry board and this seemed to go right over the guys head.

So my question is this, are you more likely to promote someones program if they post regularly on the same community forums as you and, if so, why?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    yes becuase it no longer is a nameless person or some unknown quantity... it becomes more personal and thus helps the confidence level should something go wrong, that you can contact someone you know.. in addition it its two edged sword. If they post on the same boards, they will be less likely to get you pissed so you would post negative shit about them on the board... :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I have gotten a lot of good exposure from posting on the boards--people come up to me at shows and know me from my online persona. Luckily for me that is a positive thing--they are actively seeking out "chadknowslaw from the boards" and want to use my services.

In my experience potential customers/clients/affiliates get to know you from your posts. They develop respect and trust if you conduct yourself properly or disdain and contempt if you are an asshole.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

definately, once you are known on boards people will trust you more and will send business your way!

...and its a great way to get immediate feedback plus loads of ideas for stuff you may have missed doing too.

dannyz
    As someone who promoted affiliate programs in the past and now helping run one myself, I really can't stress enough how valuable posting on boards has been for me. It is definitely a great way to meet people in the industry and make more business, and also very nice on the occasions where you get an opportunity to meet them face to face at conventions, it's almost like you already know the person .

Cheers,
    Daniel

yes and no

If they're an asshole all the time I stay away from their stuff, no matter how good it is, like a crack whore stays away from fleas.

If they are decent, with ups and downs now and again, I'll give them a go no doubt.

A lot of us stick our necks out here online while lurkers retain the benefits and risk nothing, I think that gives some board people credit where credit is due. What are your thoughts?

Dzinerbear
    Yes, definitely, having a board presence is important. But Squirt's right, too. If the board presence is a pain in the butt or just causes a lot of trouble, I'm not too likely to go running to their door.

Also, you need to be careful what you say around here. There have been public conversations that are just a little too creepy, like **** stuff, and those people I always stay away from. I wouldn't want my links on their sites, I wouldn't want my name in their database.

Cheers,
    Michael

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    yes, and so far I have been VERY happy with the results, Bluefly and bec are 2 that spring right to mind.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

marcjacob
    I agree - i asked on gfy (i know i know ) which avs sends the most traffic. The answer i got was "the one with the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow". Cant remember what he was promoting in his sig - but why would anyone do business with a clever dick like that? If you ever needed help, you know you wouldnt get it.

I look to see people helping others, especially newbies when it gains them nothing. Those people are worth working for imo.

Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob
    I agree - i asked on gfy (i know i know ) which avs sends the most traffic. The answer i got was "the one with the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow". Cant remember what he was promoting in his sig - but why would anyone do business with a clever dick like that?
    only if he was pushing RainbowPassport :develish:

D-Rock
    From an affiliate perspective I think boards are very important - this is where you meet people and get to know them. Plus, personaly I have gotten a few good leads, and tons of useful information!

Thanks!!!:groovy:

D

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    I agree to all these replies!
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com

Paco
    When they are a GWW member ... YUP!

I typically will NOT send traffic to a site/program that does not have a big-dick specific site in their line-up, unless they are a member of GWW!

The board allows me to see what people are like (yah sure, I'll agree some are fronting), and whether or not I can kinda trust the person, allowing me to work with, or promote them. It also shows me the sort of manimals I typically stay far away from :max:

Oh please, I do not want you to feel honoured. I'd rather it be more like you owe me!

just funnin'

HelixCash
    I have to agree with the majority... its why I started on the boards in the first place. Posting on the boards is probably the most cost affective form of advertising and it really lets your potential business partners get to know you and get a feel for you. Since I am new I tend to read way more than i write as our program is only 6 or 7 months old and I am still getting the hang of it having only been with the company a few months myself. Plus, I'm really not a super effective communicator when it comes to the written word. :signhere: