Thread: God Damn It... I Think I Need A New Office Chair..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

God Damn It... I Think I Need A New Office Chair..

You may recall a few weeks ago that i threw my shoulder out somehow well, a little earlier today the base of my back suddenly gave way and ive been in agony ever since

Its a weird feeling to because for about 5 minutes at a time it will go away then, ill be walking to grab a drink or something and it will kick in and ill basically fall to my knees in pain.

If im not around much the next couple of days you'll know why :cry:

Regards,

Lee

Marc
    I got one of those $900 Aeron chairs and absolutely hated it. Sold it on Craigslist for $750 a few months later.
    Awful chair for me.
    Went back to a $120 chair from staples and Im much happier

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Totally agree with Marc. One of the best chairs I have had was from Staples and it was just $200

However, above and beyond all others in hours-of-sitting comfort is the SteelCase chair I use now. Everything adjusts, it is built like a brick shithouse but was kind of spendy for a cloth chair at over $600.

Sorry to hear you are hurtin' Lee. I hope you feel better soon.

By the way Lee, will I see you and Gary Alan in Florida?? If you are not going to Hollywood, we should try to make a time to have lunch.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I just ordered this

It looks weird as shit, but I've heard from several people that it's both comfortable and really good for those with back problems. Was on sale for $70 at Amazon, so we'll see...

Blueyedb0y
    Yikes, that chair looks like an industrial sized potty or a new line of Shop Vac.

If it works for your back, let me know, im gonna get one. My back is messed up to with all the landscape stuff I do.

Cheers

M@

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip
    I just ordered this ...
    It looks weird as shit, but I've heard from several people that it's both comfortable and really good for those with back problems. Was on sale for $70 at Amazon, so we'll see...
    Sure, it's weird, but it's great for strengthening your core. I used one for a while before the full-sized ball (just the ball, not the seat).

But I come to work to relax, from physical activity, so I am back to my Hon secretary or steno chair.

Lee - although the chair may help alleviate some of the back and shoulder pain, I believe the real reason for the problems is that you may be spending too much time sitting in front of the box, and it is forcing you to adopt a bad posture.

One of the fellows that worked here had similar issues, until he quit sitting for a large part of a day. He spent countless hours at the physio, went out and purchased a ton of ergo equipment etc. In the end, what worked best for him was reducing the amount of time in front of a computer/sitting down.

I recommend taking a break every hour, or at the very least every couple of hours. Maybe go for a walk; do some jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups or chin-ups; jog in one spot; or you can even sit in your chair and do some leg raises.

Hope you feel better soon.

D-Rock
    I recommend taking a break every hour, or at the very least every couple of hours. Maybe go for a walk; do some jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups or chin-ups; jog in one spot; or you can even sit in your chair and do some leg raises.
    Here here! That's prolly the best thing you can do, and in only takes 2 minutes.

a proper chair is an absolute requirement for all of us who sit in front of a computer all day. I have had some back issues ever since I was in a nasty car accident when I was 18 and whenever I don't have a good quality chair I can feel it - within a day or two I am usually so stiff and locked-up that I can't do anything.

And taking a break every hour is very smart...I have to remember to do that more often!

cheers,
    Luke