Thread: Guilty by Association

Gay is the new Black

Guilty by Association

With the scandal of “ABC Company” pushing illegal twink content and legally criminalizing their 3rd party affiliates…

Can you trust pushing a Bear, Muscle, Mature affiliate who also runs twink sites through their program?

Camper than a row of tents
    I've been asking myself this question for years. I look at every site in their portfolio. If something looks a little odd to me, I don't want my name in their affiliate database at all.
    I post here to whore this sig.

That's a good question

The best thing would be to ask around and see who the longtime sites and programs around are that haven't had any issues in the past.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Here's a related question.

As a program owner with several sites with younger-looking guys what can we at Gaybucks do to help our affiliates feel more comfortable with our sites and content?

Would a statement that we shoot all of our content ourselves and our ID verification procedure help? Is there anything else we could/should do that would help affiliates feel more confident?

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip
    Here's a related question.

As a program owner with several sites with younger-looking guys what can we at Gaybucks do to help our affiliates feel more comfortable with our sites and content?

Would a statement that we shoot all of our content ourselves and our ID verification procedure help? Is there anything else we could/should do that would help affiliates feel more confident?
    I don't know about your sites, but some tours in this genre have extremely young looking guys on them that look younger then twinks... if sites like that removed the questionable really young looking guys I'd feel confortable... along with a 2257 database for all affiliates to access and a permanent username/pass to verify contents from time to time.

I've seen a popular "twink" site with a guy that looks, and probably is, 15 or under on their main banner. I contacted the site and asked if that model was of age and they said "it only shows him from the waist up so he does't have to be documented." Which led me to believe they were using underage G rated pics as bait. I then asked for a user/pass to the site before making the decission to promote it.. I was told they don't give affiliates user/passes to the site. Needless to say I ran the other direction.

I've never promoted twink sites and that was my first, probably last, attempt at even thinking about it.

marcjacob
    There a big difference that me an the boyfy notice between an 18 year old american and an 18 year ol eruropean guy. Here in the UK, our 18 year old look more like your 16 year olds. Its hard to know what the answer is really.

I guess you couldn make model id available to affiliates but would the content provider be happy with that?

interesting thread..

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    A middle ground (and one apparently with the blessing of the justice department) is to make redacted IDs available. Show the pic, the ID number, and the birthdate, but no personal identifying info.

One thing that we would definitely do if it made any of our affiliates more comfortable, is to produce a tour that left off our youngest looking guys. In fact, it might be a very interesting test to see exactly what is motivating the surfers to join.

Gay is the new Black
    I'm not sure of the work endured with building a complete affiliate system and this may be asking too much but why not lump your 18-25yo twink, boy and young sites into one affiliate and 25+ muscle, mature and bear into another.

Maybe you lose possible signups from people looking to promote anything and everything under the sun; but would you gain people who passed up the opportunity because it supports too much out of their comfort zone?

and if you have two programs running maybe link to a third site that has a link to both programs but not link directly to the other program(s), from the programs themselves?