Thread: How Annoying

tyrain

How Annoying

Dear tyrain,

We wanted to send you a quick update on the status of your GWW Community account, especially if you havent been active on the community in the past few months.

From time to time we make an effort to clean up our member database, including those community members who have registered but never made a post on the GWW Community, those members who havent visited the GWW Community in a few months and, those members who have only ever sent private messages on the GWW Community or, those members who havent updated their contact information in a while.

You are receiving this email because one or more of the preceeding criteria matches your account and, because of this, unless you take a few minutes to log in to the GWW Community and make a post on the general forum, your account will be deleted within the next 7 days.

You can find further information on this clean up process at the following url: http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=18014

In case you dont remember your account login details, you can retrieve that information at the following url:

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/login.php?do=lostpw

Thanks you for your time and we look forward to seeing you on the GWW Community shortly in order to maintain your account.

Sincerely,

Your GWW Admin Team.
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com

My last post was JULY 15th. I am not like some here selling a program, or are rich enough to have too much free time on my hands, or a wanna be like Maxpower. I read this forum for the information provided and I occassionally post.

I know this was a standard email message. Why I got it, I don't know.

What have I done wrong in the past 4 days since my last post?

Ahhh... you have to make money selling ads on the forum. Last time I got involved ASSHOLE MAXPOWER gave his usual pearls of wisdom and shoved me back into the safe and comfortable reading corner of this forum. If you want more people to become active, remove the virus. If you want the message count, he is perfect and delete me.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Hi Tyrain,

I know it's annoying...we all got them. It is all explained in this other thread here..

Don't get upset. It was not intentional at all. Just a mistake.

Just log into your CP profile panel and that will take care of it.

We all enjoy every poster on here and value everyone's comments, but keep in mind it's a forum driven by technology and sometimes when humans and technology collide, there are mistakes...

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I definitely second Tyrain's position, at least as far as Max goes.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The problem we have with Sean, whilst he can be more than a little annoying, most of the time, he hasnt actually broken any of the community rules as yet.

I am also well aware that there are people who wont participate on the community whilst he is around, unfortunately, i just cant go around banning people because they are un-popular.

As a community, we take the bad with the overwhelming amount of good until such a time that he requests his account removed or he breaks one of the community rules, he's going to be around.

One option you may like is to either simply ignore his threads/posts or, put him on ignore via the GWW Community script so you wont even see his posts.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Another option, if you have a participant that is consistently unpopular with a significant portion of the community members, is to look at the behaviors that are inappropriate and alter TOS in such a way as to cover that inappropriate behavior.

Then you can privately encourage/warn the wayward poster to be compliant, and if s/he fails to heed the warnings, s/he can be suspended or banned with no meaningful argument from anyone.

As I've probably mentioned before, I'm co-owner/admin for a fairly large board (similar in size to GWW) in a non-adult area, and we used to have a lot of problems with guys who sometimes had positive contributions but were often annoying and inflammatory. We wrote some language into our TOS that was broad enough to cover such things while still respecting the community's right to air opposing viewpoints. After doing so, we were able to get some of the objectionable posters to follow the rules, while others we either encouraged to leave. Only a very few did we actually have to ban, but once those steps were taken, the community was a lot more productive.

maxpower
    OMG LOL They are not going to put me on ignore because people love nothing more than being able to hate something, but go for it if ya want. Hate is a truly powerful tool that can completely overwhelm certain types of people, and for me their is nothing funnier than to wind them up and watch them go off from time to time or to call them on their BS. Let me just add NO speech should be more protected than unpopular speech, if you can not handle people that do not just accept everything you spew out of your mouth then maybe you should get a dog at least then you will have something that will conform to your for a lack of a better work assholeedness :penny:

If you ever question the power of hate, just look around the board. Their are more people talking crap about me from day to day than I could even reply to on my own. If something some guy says on a board online gets you so upset maybe you have many bigger problems you need to deal with first.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    OMG LOL They are not going to put me on ignore because people love nothing more than being able to hate something, but go for it if ya want. Hate is a truly powerful tool that can completely overwhelm certain types of people, and for me their is nothing funnier than to wind them up and watch them go off from time to time or to call them on their BS. Let me just add NO speech should be more protected than unpopular speech, if you can not handle people that do not just accept everything you spew out of your mouth then maybe you should get a dog at least then you will have something that will conform to your for a lack of a better work assholeedness :penny:
    so when you getting a dog?
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    so when you getting a dog?

I move to much to have a dog, but I do have some really cool fish. I have a really cool story about getting my fish some fresh water in the Mohabi desert but will save that for another day.

maxpower
    But all this said I am getting pretty bored with all this not much further I can take it, and I do have a mountain of work to do as well as my BF hates me chatting “he’s bitching now about it” so I have not been around much and will be around less and less for the next 3-5 months or so. My hope is that some of you will forgive me by then or at least forget :cry: