Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help!

PattyeCake

Need Help!

Hi Guys, and Lee and Gary, thanks so much for the invite over here!
    great to be in such lovely company!

Ok, We at Fetish Cash have a gay site, "Pony Boys"
    now it looks ok to me, but it needs something.....
    and I know you guys are the best at telling me what we are missing or what we need to do....

SOOOO, if I could beg a favor and ask all of you to "review" the site and give me your opinions, I'd be forever grateful

the nonconsole tour is at: http://www.ponyboys.com/nc.php3
    and the console tour is at http://www.ponyboys.com

I Thank you all with all of my heart, I really need some help here...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Hey Pattye

Your in the right place hon im sure you will get a heap of help and advice

Regards,

Lee

Mitch
    hello

My 2cents about PonyBoys is that it is a great niche fetish. As a member of many fetish and BDSM groups I can tell you that PonyBoys illicit a certain FemDom interest but are not usually, IMHO, associated with gay interests. I know you run a lot of fetish sites and many of your viewers will likely know what ponyboy/ponygirl is, if they see just studly guys it will probably be a let down (ie chargebacks). there are some pretty good pony girl sites out there, I know AEBN does a FemDom feed that has ponygirls too. I did like the tour overall, but perhaps changing the name of the site to a cowboy theme that way you dont have to specifically do ponyboys but they can be included in it.

Hope this helps

Ounique
    Good reply, Mitch. Ya beat me to it. (hmmm, considers the words 'beat me') LOL!

I was going to say, I took a look at the site and did not actually see a single ponyboy. PattyeCake, you may be able to grab the attention of the general surfer with a title like that (thinking about the character of Ponyboy from "The Outsiders"), but Mitch is right, your widest audience for something like this would be in the fetish/bdsm community. For some insight on what the term "ponyboy" means to a very large group of people (and some really cool pics) check out this link:

http://www.nyrenegades.com/~nymaster/pony/pony1.html

The funny thing is, when I went looking for some ponyboy sites I found that there is a ponyboy.com, but it's a site of a guy who actually trains real horses and is not an adult site at all. I would love to get a look at the kinds of emails he gets from people expecting to find a fetish website. LOL!

Hope this helps. :leather:

Scorpio
    Call me stupid but what's the ponyboy niche?
    Cowboy guys?

PattyeCake
    Thanks for the input guys, Means a lot to me...lets get some more!!

Just got word from the office that Fetish Cash is now giving away $250.00 to one of our webmasters this month!

Every sale generates a ticket so even one sale can win!
    come on, SOMEONE take some of Scotts Money!!!

Ounique
    Originally posted by Scorpio
    Cowboy guys?
    Hey Scorpio. Check out the link I posted in the earlier reply. A ponyboy is basically someone who gets into the mindset of being a human pony. They have a full set of gear that can include leather harnesses, headgear with bridle and bit, hoof-like footware, and even a tail. Pretty cool stuff.

PattyeCake
    Originally posted by Scorpio
    Cowboy guys?
    Don't feel like the lone stranger here Scorpio, I wasn't sure either, so thats why I came here!!!

You guys are simply the BEST

I can't believe it;s taken me so long to get here!!
    :beauty:

Scorpio
    Thanks Don checked the link for a few seconds... this is too weird for me. But to each his own.

Good luck PattyeCake with the site and glad you found the board

good heavens! I can't believe I actually KNEW what the niche was ... and what the pics would/should be. It's a lovely design - but the tour doesn't fit what I'd expect to see given the site name. If you're after the true ponyboy niche ... it'll need changing for sure. Or go with what a couple of others said about switching to a cowboy niche site, certainly lots of content available if you opt for that route instead. Personally, I'd work at finding good ponyboy niche pics and content and try for that market - you'd be pretty much the only member/paysite with that niche... and I know webmasters LOVE to grab up the micro niches to promote.

If you already have the content etc ready to roll on this ... is it at all feasible to move it to another domain name and adjust the tour for a new name so you won't waste a ton of time, effort, etc?

Here's what ponygirls niche pics are like:

Mitch
    Its a very interesting niche pony girl vs pony boy. Both have serious FemDom overtones and pony girls can be either FemDom or MaleDom for sure. I have never actually seen a pony boy website geared toward gay men specifically. I honestly dont know if gay men might find ponyboys erotic or not. Surely gay men enjoy studs, even in bondage, leather and pierced etc. But there is an entirely different mentality when dealing specifically with pony play just as there is with puppy play. As an example, you might check out http://www.petgirls.com which objectifies girls as pets and various animals. Now this is a unique concept which I know has a lot of members. if this could be replicated for gay men, ie men objectified as pets, than I think some may be interested in it. However one draw back with micro niche sites is the small member base. Though incredibly loyal if given updates and new content, it is much harder to have a larger membership base. Double edge sword if you will.

Patti..

One other thing you could offer as i mentioned to you on our phone call earlier is more than 1 gay site.. with so many sponsors for webmasters to choose from in todays adult industry you'll find that thy are more receptive to programs offering them more than 'just another' gay site

You know how to reach me if ya need any more help and i cant wait to see you in August, you were missed at Phoenix girl

Regards,

Lee

PattyeCake
    I want to thank ALL of you for your wonderful advice and some much needed knowledge on my part....
    All of your input has been very helpul and the welcome I have recieved here has been overwhelming....

Lee honey, I missed you as well and was much looking forward to Phoenix, alas, it was just not possible this time around...
    Maybe Atlanta??

One more question, if we were to build one or more sites aimed at the gay surfer, what niche would all of you suggest?

Originally posted by PattyeCake
    One more question, if we were to build one or more sites aimed at the gay surfer, what niche would all of you suggest?
    Take your pick hon

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...&threadid=1658

Regards,

Lee