Thread: Any way of knowing where the sale came from on your AVS sites?

Marc

Any way of knowing where the sale came from on your AVS sites?

I have some sales coming in but Im promoting my avs sites in a bunch of different places.
    I'd really like to know where these sales are coming from so I can focus more time on that traffic source.

Is making duplicate copy sites for the different traffic sources the only way to do this?

I dont blame the AVS's, because they dont see anything until the surfer clicks the join form, but I wish there was a way of knowing where the sale came form.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I have some sales coming in but Im promoting my avs sites in a bunch of different places.
    I'd really like to know where these sales are coming from so I can focus more time on that traffic source.

Is making duplicate copy sites for the different traffic sources the only way to do this?

I dont blame the AVS's, because they dont see anything until the surfer clicks the join form, but I wish there was a way of knowing where the sale came form.
    I've wanted this information for a long time too. But since you don't control the AVS's join form, I can't see a way that tracking sales would be possible. The AVS would know where the join form clicks are coming from but I don't know of any AVS that does this for their webmaster. A lot of paysite sponsors do provide this information to their affiliates though.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I've wanted this information for a long time too. But since you don't control the AVS's join form, I can't see a way that tracking sales would be possible. The AVS would know where the join form clicks are coming from but I don't know of any AVS that does this for their webmaster. A lot of paysite sponsors do provide this information to their affiliates though.
    exactly, most paysite sponsors give you the exact link to where the sale came from.
    This information is so important as an affiliate. It tells me which model is selling, which text/solors/layout work best etc

on the other hand, since in your case the avs site is only a test to see if the site sells well enough to become a paysite, i think your most important numbers are total number of hits to the tour and sales. and keep in mind that a paysite join page will usually outsell an avs join page.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    One thing that i used to do way back when was place a blank.gif graphic on the page where i was using the AENs join form code and i measured how often that was called on specific pages.

For example, on sites where i was using Ugas, id call the image ugas1.gif, ugas2.gif etc, its a bit of work but it was better than nothing and it gave me some idea of which sites were getting surfers though to the join script.

Regards,

Lee

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    on the other hand, since in your case the avs site is only a test to see if the site sells well enough to become a paysite, i think your most important numbers are total number of hits to the tour and sales. and keep in mind that a paysite join page will usually outsell an avs join page.
    Hey didnt you just get married?
    are you making a thread about the day?
    I want to know everything and what you wore too : )

i did just get married. i wasn't going to make a thread but i guess i could...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hey didnt you just get married?
    are you making a thread about the day?
    I want to know everything and what you wore too : )