Thread: What Are Your Thoughts On This?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? What Are Your Thoughts On This?

Stealing topics or advice from other boards and posting it as your own on a board other than where it was posted originally?

We've had this happen in the past on the GWW Community which was why i implemented the 'logged in' to read a thread contents however, it seems this has started happening again.

Personally, i think it just shows the lack of knowledge that some would have us beleive they actually have when stuff like this happens but, that could just be because im biased as the info is coming directly from GWW.

So, i wanted to throw the question out to the rest of our community members, how do you feel about people taking info from one board and posting it on another board within a few minutes? Is this an acceptable practice in your eyes?

Regards,

Lee

once in a while, when a topic is important and the person who originally posted it is given a credit, i can see quoting a thread from another board. otherwise i think it's not appropriate behavior, and if you let people think it's your own topic, i think it's pretty low.

Gay is the new Black
    Lee,

This is just as bad as someone posting the same topic on any board they can find.

It becomes redundant to the people looking to each forum for its unique differences.

I've posted on other boards then had, within a few minutes in some cases, them post on here and not give credit where it was due.

I don't mind. The boards are here as a webmaster resource and a way to disceminate information. At the end of the day we goto boards for knowledge. It really sucks that it's happening this way, you'd think some people wouldn't be so shameless, but some are.

I can see posting your own material from another board if it is germaine to the topic of the original post. Not everubody goes to all of the boards.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    i answer questions posted here , it's rare i will ask a question (most of my questions have to do with photography and can be "fielded" better on a photographic board)
    i am very , very selective at what questions i answer as well as the answers given , i would hope others come away with something useful besides "snagging" my attachments for their TGP's and using my thoughts to fuel their "blogs" (yeah! , i know who you are and have better things to do than publicly embarass you!)
    i view 6 boards besides this one and have noticed some "topic/answer" sharing.

jim

The tendency of boards to restrict "spamming" other boards really makes it impossible to give credit where credit is due when someone makes a legit post referencing something read on another board. I think it's rude and inexcusable to pass someone's ideas off as your own, but totally legit for someone to bring a topic of discussion from one board to another with a different population and different opinions.

The recent changes on this board are an example of what partially motivates people to do stuff like that, though; requiring people to make posts regardless of whether or not they have anything useful to contribute actually encourages people to rip off other people's ideas, start junk threads, etc. trying to look like an active member of the community. While it's not something I would do, I think a lot of people are so consumed by post count and and views, etc. it's like a lot of other things in this industry . . . if you can't make your own content, steal or "use" someone else's.

I'm not trying to make excuses for people who steal other people's ideas (and NO excuse whatsoever for stealing posts word for word, if that's what you're talking about), but some people in this business get so caught up in "protecting" their work that they discourage anyone from seeing it at all.
    Promote solo guy site TrixiesHouseboy.com!
    WebWhoreBucks

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I kinda agree with everything thats been said so far

Regards,

Lee

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    When I do it, its because of gay marriage or an immigration something that I would like everyone to support.

support the UFA HR 1024 S.424

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i do not think that is a good thing it is kind of like cheating because people can not think of their own stuff to talk about so just go to another board and steal the busy posts from that one instead i see this a lot in the gay boards to people taking posts from gww and putting them on there boards