Thread: Alternatives To Flash?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Alternatives To Flash?

Given the recent screwup between Microsoft and Eolas, resulting in that stupid 'two-click' flash update, i was wondering if anyone had any alternatives that could be used instead of flash for animated graphics of a similar quality to flash?

Or, if a workaround has been found that is transparent so the surfer doesnt have to click two times to activate a flash object?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    You have to embed your media in a javascript and call it from the original page. Here's a little primer for you. http://www.digitalmediadesigner.com/...e.jsp?id=38506

I used it on this page with a .wmv and it works fine as far as I know. Notice that you don't have to double click the video to get it started. http://www.uknakedmen.com/

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Cool stuff thanks Jim

Out of interest, are you by any chance using this method for flash movies inside a members area and, if so, is it working as it should?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    No, I am not doing that at the moment. The only caveat that I'm aware of... the user has to have javascript enabled or it won't work. I may be wrong but doesn't IE have "disable javascript" set as a default. Between Microsoft and anti-spyware/anti-virus software, it's becoming nearly impossible for surfers to enjoy the web as it's meant to be.

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I may be wrong but doesn't IE have "disable javascript" set as a default.
    No. But there are other sucky things it seems to be defaulting on in their beta browser. There's a thread somewhere here where we were discussing target=_blank and being treated as a popup window.