Thread: keywords

Gay is the new Black

keywords

When you fall into a niche, animation for example, do you just use the american terms or do you search out for anything and everything like doujinshi, yaoi, yuri, shonen ai, BL, etc...

and with that, should their be a keyword database for "like" words or would that kill the fun of knowing things the other "guys" don't?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Id keyword the site based on what the content being offered was.

If you are offering Yaoi, use that in the keywords, if you are offering Hentai, use that in the keywords, if you are offering Anime, use that in the keywords.

It has been my experience that surfers who are in to the toon niche are typically a lot more informed about it that almost any webmaster i have spoken to about the niche, with a couple of exceptions.

Even though there are differences between the various types of art available, what i have noticed most webmasters do is call it all 'anime' or 'hentai' and, because of this, they are, in my opinion, losing out sales to those surfers who do know better than them.

Regards,

Lee

Gay is the new Black
    Man who jump in water blindly never see it coming!

Togm
    do some google searches - see what the others are doing.

I worked extensively in the toon niche for awhile ... what Lee said is correct. Use ONLY the keywords that fit the content. If you don't know the difference between toons, hentai, anime, 3D toons, yaoi and the other art forms, find out. Those that buy memberships to those sites do indeed know the difference and will be looking for what you say you have.