Thread: US brokers peace???

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar

US brokers peace???

Just read an interesting article on CBSNews about Condie's surprize visit to Lebanon. I found this quote to nearly laughable if it wasnt so tragic:

"The United States wants to see the fighting brought to an end. It is a very violent and very tragic situation. We want to use our influence to see there can be a cessation of hostilities, but to do so in a way that provides a basis for a longer lasting peace," Undersecretary of State Nicholas Burns told CBS News' The Early Show.

I find it amazing that the US would be in a position to counsel anyone on how to stop fight. Can you say hypocites??

Full story can be found at http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1826994.shtml

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    suddenly Horse to Lick (Condoleeza) shows up for damage control after saying a day or two ago quick cease fire wasn't going to be productive!

And probably Israel told her to shove it again

Togm
    Its all part of the pre arranged plan.

another 10 days or so and then ceasefire. most katyushas used or destroyed - a few prisoners exchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by sukime69 View Post
    I find it amazing that the US would be in a position to counsel anyone on how to stop fight. Can you say hypocites??[/url]
    One hand washes the other