Thread: Brazilian or Latin

Dzinerbear

Brazilian or Latin

Hey all,

I've got a Brazilian guy and I'm wondering whether you'd all call him "Latin" or "Brazilian." Since they speak Portuguese in Brazil and not Spanish, I just wondering about whether I should call him a Latino Bear or a Brazilian Bear.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Jason
    I was going to say...hey...show us some pics to help us decide! But IMHO i think you should go with "Brazilian." There's something about that which seems a little more exotic to me.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Could you use both?

I'm with Jason on using 'Brazilian' as a description because there is a different exotic/erotic connotation to it. But if you can work Latin into it, it would be a good thing.

SIDE NOTE: Personally, I thought the Portuguese was classified as a latin language. It shure looks like one LOL

My best,
    Gary-Alan

Dzinerbear
    Yes, I suppose it is a Latin language, but I don't think they speak any Portuguese in Latin America, and I'm assuming that's where the Latin thing comes from.

Who knows.
    Cheers
    Dzinerbear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    In Brazil they speak a variant of true European Portuguese.

Brazilians generally speaking (whether male or female) should be marketed as Brazilian and not Latina or Latino (These terms are generally reserved for Mexican origin models).

A good example of this put into practise is in the tranny arena, brazilian trannies are a huge (no pun intended) tranny niche.

Hope this convoluted answer helps

Regards,

Lee

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Yes, I suppose it is a Latin language, but I don't think they speak any Portuguese in Latin America, and I'm assuming that's where the Latin thing comes from.

Who knows.
    Cheers
    Dzinerbear
    Latin languages are based in latin not locale

My best,
    GA

Dzinerbear
    Yes, you're right. (They're also called Romance Languages.) But I guess where my confusion is coming from is that the whole Latin/Latino niche isn't very clear cut, or the term itself is too broad.

For instance, I'm sure a lot of Spanish guys get thrown into Latino.

Portuguese guys would probably be closer to Spanish guys than Latinos, but they're probably a niche of their own.

And then, of course, there are Brazilians, which speak Portuguese, but aren't Portuguese, although they're descended from Portuguese.

And then there's Mexicans, Latin Americans, and South Americans.

I understand that these are probably all sub niches within the larger Latino/Latin niche, but it hardly seems right to lump everyone into the same basket.

Thanks for the feedback on Brazilian, btw.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Chris Alan
    I think we need some latin/latino people here to help us sort this out. Is there anyone out there that may give us some first hand insite.?

TopBucks_Juan
    Well, since I am 1/2 Puerto Rican, I can say from experience...that it is a matter of taste. Latin covers the whole ethnic background of Spanish. Just like Chinese, Japanese, Mongolian has an ethnic cover of Asian.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    Personally, I thought the Portuguese was classified as a latin language. It shure looks like one LOL
    Portuguese is actually a mix of spanish and french.

I would call them Brazilian, but sometimes you could pass them off as latin and I don't think many people would be any wiser.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>