Thread: The Most Efficient Way For A New Webmaster To Get Sales Is?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

The Most Efficient Way For A New Webmaster To Get Sales Is?

I read a lot of threads about getting traffic on GWW however, ive started to realize that a lot of newer webmasters seem to think that traffic is the ultimate be-all and end-all of making money online and, whilst traffic does play an important role in making sales to our sponsors, i cant help but think that there are far more important considerations that need to be thought about when it comes to making money in the adult industry.

So, with that said, if you could offer any of our newer GWW Community members one piece of advice about building up a solid base of sales in the industry, what would it be?

I think the advice i would give them is to try a little bit of everything, in moderation until you figure out what you are good at.

For example, start off with free sites / AEN sites then go to TGPing, blogging, running a tgp and link list.

This way, you get to know the marketing basics that work in the industry before getting hit with massive server bills that you cant afford.

So, what bit of advice would you give some of the newer webmasters we have on GWW?

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I would say "Have Patience and put real effort into your work"

This is not a business where you can put in a few hours, make a few web pages, and then have the entire world throwing money at your cash register. I came into the business with a unique and in-demand product [legal services] with little competition and it still took me over a year to build a solid reputation and a solid base--and that was offering a product that many people wanted and few people sold! Trying to sell a product in a competitive and saturated market [selling images and video on the Internet] is tough. It takes time, effort, trial-and-error, failures, hard knocks and humilty. There are always a lot of new faces, and the majority of the new faces will not be around in a year.

The webmasters that leave the business did not devote their full attention to the business, or did not treat it like a business, or just thought selling sexual fantasies on the Net was easy money. The ones that succeed put in long hours, long days, long weeks and long months. They scrimp and save and spend money on making their product better and they spend money getting their product in front of potential buyers. The successful ones learn very quickly that this is probably the only small business where your competitors will help you and that you need their help to make it.

Successful webmasters learn that the successful business model is constantly changing, and what worked just 2 years ago is old news today. The Internet as we know it has been around about 10 years; the automobile has been around over 100. Expect that a 2 year business model and website design on the Internet is equivalent to trying to sell new cars with 1986 technology. If you are not new and innovative your competition will be and you will fail.

Trade shows are still an integral part of the successful business model. Getting to know who you work with personally is an important part of this impersonal world. You don't have to go to all of them but go when the circus comes to your town. The business relationships are vital to long term success.

Do not expect to make loads of money right away. In fact, most break-even points come around 6 months. Profits come after that and they start out small at first. It takes patience and good business skills to make it from Newbie to that first anniversary. If you can make it through that first year, this really is a great industry to work in-- great people, good times and good money. Just don't expect it all at once.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I think I'd agree with both of you two. I think too many new webmasters are under some illusion that once the site is up the sales will roll in, which just isn't the case.

I'd say you need to take your time, not rush and as Lee said, try different things to get a feel for them and find the one you are most comfortable with. I'd also say spend some real time doing research, not an hour or so but hours upon hours to form your own opinion.

Lastly I recommend that many take everything they are told with a grain of salt and realize that a lot of what is stated is opinion or based on the poster's own experience which may differ for them.

pennies worth :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Xstr8guy
    Traffic is important. But what's more important is what you do with it. My traffic is miniscule compared to many other websites but I still make a very nice living with what I control.