Thread: Whats a good cheap digital camera?

Marc

Whats a good cheap digital camera?

I have a video camcorder for motion but not digital for still pics.
    I never take pictures but someone found my site and wants to model for it and he is too good to be true, so I have to take pictures of this guy .
    So now I need a camera. Can you just rent them? I dont want to spend $300 for a 1 time use, but I dont know how much they are

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I doubt you would only use a digital camera one time --once you start using one you will most likely fall in love with it. Small, compact, and you can just delete the pics you don't like. I find that I take a LOT more pics now that I have a digital camera.

I am on my second Sony CyberShot. My first one I had no problems but the newer ones were smaller and lighter so I upgraded and gifted away the first one. I have heard good things about the Canon Elf also, and know one producer that uses Elfs exclusively for all photo shoots.

That being said, I do see older models of digital cameras [under 4 MegaPixels] on www.craigslist.com for low prices.
    If that is still too much, you can now buy disposable digital cameras in drugstores. I have seen them in both Walgreens and CVS for less than $40. I would go with a used name brand digital camera. You wont just use it once!!
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Marc
    oh thats right, cvs sells them.
    perfect, thats all I need. thanks

dude, those disposable cameras make low quality, small useless pics.

if you want to keep it under $300, check these out at cnet or amazon:
    Fuji FinePix 5200
    Canon A610 or the A620

both can be gotten under $300 and take pretty good pics. my walking around camera is the A620 and it does a great job, and i was reviewing a site yesterday that left their camera info in their pics. the pics were big and pretty darn good and they were using a FinePix 5200.

Marc
    Great suggestion, but I cant pay $300 for a 1 time shoot. Im not even going to pay the model that much

Marc, when i saw those cameras at CVS, you had to bring the camera to them and they had to put the pics on the disc for you. NOT a good idea with what you'll be shooting.

J. Falcon
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post

if you want to keep it under $300, check these out at cnet or amazon:
    Fuji FinePix 5200
    Canon A610 or the A620

both can be gotten under $300 and take pretty good pics. my walking around camera is the A620 and it does a great job, and i was reviewing a site yesterday that left their camera info in their pics. the pics were big and pretty darn good and they were using a FinePix 5200.
    Great info there, thanks.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    :yeah:
    I wasted so many beautiful moments with those! All that lOOverly powder ... GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    Fuji FinePix 5200
    Canon A610 or the A620
    :yeah:

Costco(.ca) is selling the A620 for $214.99 Canadian Pesos, or under $200USD.
    They are great cameras!