Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TGP Owners - Do You List Galleries Knowing The Content On Them Is Stolen?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

TGP Owners - Do You List Galleries Knowing The Content On Them Is Stolen?

Because you want to increase the amount of submissions you receive to your TGP?

I was just given a link to another board where it would appear the TGP owners who were getting gallery submissions from those webmasters promoting the TopBucks sites with all the stolen Titan / Zyloco content are now bitching that they have 'lost good submitters' and that by reporting those theives to TopBucks we have 'done enough damage'.

How anyone can condone content theft is really beyond me, especially high trafficked TGP owners :eek:

What do you folks think about this, do TGP owners know full well they are accepting galleries with stolen content and profiting from them just to increase their daily submissions?

Regards,

Lee

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    I can certainly see why they would want to "look the other way" with that content being posted....it's great traffic bait...

but I can't see them taking that kind of risk and expecting nothing to come of it.....

I mean, come on! Everyone knows how serious Titan is with copyright protection....better to suffer a little pain now, than to suffer complete shutdown later.....I does not take much of a brain to figure that one out.

With all of the free promotional material that's available and the special deals that some webmasters work with pay site owners, I do not know how you tell anything is stolen at face value. If someone contacts me about such material, I delete the site.

because those of us who work closely with many sites know that there are some sites that simply will not, under any circumstances, give out or allow the use of their content.

also sometimes we are more familiar with the content. basement shot tons of exclusive panty pics and several years ago when not one pic was sold or available for affiliates, galleries full of his stolen content was popping up all over the web. of course it was easy to spot because it was shot in his apartment **

Quote Originally Posted by hunkhunter View Post
    With all of the free promotional material that's available and the special deals that some webmasters work with pay site owners, I do not know how you tell anything is stolen at face value. If someone contacts me about such material, I delete the site.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. procam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Because you want to increase the amount of submissions you receive to your TGP?

I was just given a link to another board where it would appear the TGP owners who were getting gallery submissions from those webmasters promoting the TopBucks sites with all the stolen Titan / Zyloco content are now bitching that they have 'lost good submitters' and that by reporting those theives to TopBucks we have 'done enough damage'.

How anyone can condone content theft is really beyond me, especially high trafficked TGP owners :eek:

What do you folks think about this, do TGP owners know full well they are accepting galleries with stolen content and profiting from them just to increase their daily submissions?

Regards,

Lee
    Lee with all due respect to you as this boards admin and an upstanding member of the community you should be ashamed of yourself for dirtying your hands in this matter and I will be happy to tell you why!

About a year ago when I brought to both boards the facts of a SPONSOR using unlicensed cd content which was both outstanding content and illegal as hell, everyone knew the words I spoke were true and to the point.
    Yet the largest webmasters in the gay niche continued to allow that sponsor to both promote on their sites and allow gallery submitters to submit galleries from their bank of free hosted galleries illegal content to the largest playing sites in the gay niche both then and today and you people stood idle and did not support us in stopping that sponsor or even commenting to the webmasters who were knowingly allowing the stolen content to be on their sites and that was an "Open house situation" from the beginning almost.

I find it interesting that now when the cause suits you to "get involved" and comment against a content thief who's been submitting those galleries for just over a year to all our sites and everyone else's - it just leaves me to wonder WHY and what personal gain is involved.

You look the other way when asked for help in stopping a SPONSOR who was using known stolen content that had been confirmed by the producers, now a year later with an exact one you are vocal about it.
    And webmasters continued to trade traffic with and allow posts of the stolen content openly knowing all this and nobody would support stopping them, I stood nearly alone in the mission to make them "get legal" so we would not have a situation like this week months or years later as we do now in this matter. As I said previously the two webmasters who did this have done so for more than a year while everyone stood by and watched while they filled up sites with these galleries, it does me absolutely NO good to stomp my feet and delete galleries and blacklist a webmaster when they can go right over to another mgp site and post with no problem and the entire community looks the other way watching and saying nothing!

You and other webmasters aided in forming my "Dont get involved" policy where stolen content is concerned - I was boldly even told by some site operators larger than myself that - it wasnt my business and that if I blacklisted the webmasters using the content they would simply post it to their sites and thats EXACTLY what I did and EXACTLY what happened - I blacklisted the sponsors hosted gallery urls across all my sites and they went right to the largest mgp sites and continued posting away ~

Why.... when I was not supported in this same issue before is it now a criminal offence suddenly - there can really be no good answer for this its just a double standard quite plainly.

Procam,

What are you talking about?

I dont think ANYONE on GWW has ever said that stolen content is an issue that should be left alone.

You must be confusing us with another board.

There are several community members on GWW who have been and, who are, very vocal about content theives, myself included and im not even a producer.

Theft is theft, no matter how you try to wrap it up or condone it.

Regards,

Lee

Procam,

What are you talking about?

I dont think ANYONE on GWW has ever said that stolen content is an issue that should be left alone.

You must be confusing us with another board.

There are several community members on GWW who have been and, who are, very vocal about content theives, myself included and im not even a producer.

Theft is theft, no matter how you try to wrap it up or condone it.

Regards,

Lee

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ht=prideaccess

Interesting that my original post is no longer present on the board but this one is - and really thats enough ~~ you can clearly see the passive attitude about the entire situation-
    I guess my point is this really, how can site operators look the other way in one situation and not kill trades and blacklist known stolen content and then in another one of the same - raise hell about how wrong it is, does making 200k a year make a difference ?

You did not exactly take a firm position on this other situation Lee and in fact you really did look the other way - I also emailed you about that and asked you to make a post asking the gay niche webmasters to blackist that content and delete trades with the webmasters owner you neither answered nor did you act ....

I am not placing blame I just find it offensive that people of such high stature can use their power to act only when it benefits them and it wasnt just you.

You cannot tell me other webmasters didnt know this content too was stolen because they did and ignored it as the content quality and posts were so frequent it was some of the highest clicked content on all 14 of my sites .

Having said all that - I also bring to the table topbucks who was questioned about these two webmasters LAST YEAR by me personally by icq and email - I presented the content and the topbucks ref id to them and asked how they could use this content to promote topbucks when the content wasnt even in their banks of material after the surfer signed up.

Topbucks response: Ignored by email
    Topbucks response: By icq a topbucks support person" I totally agree with you and I asked my boss about it, I'll let you know thanks"

So...... Topbucks ignored it too when the cause suited their profit margins as did the largest gay mgp sites around all of them !!

Till one webmaster came forward whos well known and he raised hell........

Right - Wrong whos to say but I sure see the signs of keep your mouth shut if it will affect your bottom line written on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by procam View Post
    You did not exactly take a firm position on this other situation Lee and in fact you really did look the other way
    Again, what thread are you now reading?

Here are a couple of my responses from that thread link you posted:

Crazy stuff, with content being so affordable these days it makes you wonder why pople resort to theft
    Brian thats just fucking crazy, i read the GFY thread and the amount of people 'defending' this guy makes me cringe.

Can people really be so stupid as to think that this wasnt a deliberate act of piracy, even after yourselves, Randy and a few others have jumped up to the plate
    Id say that was pretty clear what my position on those issues were, wouldnt you? LOL

Regards,

Lee

Again, what thread are you now reading?

Here are a couple of my responses from that thread link you posted:

Id say that was pretty clear what my position on those issues were, wouldnt you? LOL

Regards,

Lee

I wish I had time to have a pissing match about this today I dont I have gapping holes in my archives that need fixed.
    But Lee I'll say this - I read your first post in THIS thread very carefully before writing a reply - the post itself made me furious that you referred to me as bitching about losing good submitters, when in fact I did twice a year ago present this to topbucks they ignored me - {I dont carry your clout} and having experienced what I did a year ago with the other sponsor and webmasters ignoring my requests to stop traffic to that sponsor and their sites -- it just boils my blood that now "I am bitching"

No I am not - you can clearly see i did the "Right thing" a year ago and because nobody supported me in stopping traffic to that theft situation I changed my outlook on it - why should other webmasters profit from these theives and look the other way while my sites suffer because I blacklist it and do the "Right thing"

Topbucks wasnt concerned a year ago now they are today after someone with a bigger name than mine speaks to them....
    They made a more than a few truckloads of money off this do NOT be fooled and they KNOW it as did many other site operators just by having that content on their sites.

In for a penny in for a pound - Perhaps the right thing to do would be for topbucks to write that content producer a big check today it wont make me feel any better but when will people start doing the right thing because its the right thing to do - NOT because someone with a name for themselves is in your face.:penny:

What im not understanding though is this...

If a year ago you knew you were in the right by bringing that information to everyone and, from the looks of that thread you linked to above, everyone who posted agreed with you, WHY would you change your mind?

Regards,

Lee

What im not understanding though is this...

If a year ago you knew you were in the right by bringing that information to everyone and, from the looks of that thread you linked to above, everyone who posted agreed with you, WHY would you change your mind?

Regards,

Lee
    While a small number of people did agree - generally speaking it was the wrong people - and without dragging them all into discussion you know who the big players are in gay niche mgp / tgp sites - THOSE are the people who should have been shutting that traffic down WE are the people responsible for making that traffic possible without that the thieves would not make the money doing what they do -
    If I blacklist a submitter whos submitting excellent galleries with stolen content and they do next door to a mgp site thats moving 150k a day and submit 4 galleries a day there did I hurt myself or the submitter ? Myself, Why? Because while these guys/gals state that they dont/wont allow illegal content they turn a blind eye to it until they have to look.:coffee:

For the same reason Topbucks ignored me - If Topbucks a sponsor as big as they are ignores stolen content to line their own pockets why should I someone moving 600k a day in traffic be bothered with chasing after 2 submitters using stolen content when the sponsor making the money is ignoring it even tho I KNOW its the right thing to do -

It really is a double edged sword and I like everyone else am here to make money if my neighboring sites are going to make it and KNOW they are allowing someone to do something wrong and turn a blind eye -- they just profited from the thiefs activity and I feel thats wrong - But I am in business to make money just like my neighboring sites, allow my competition to get an edge while the sponsors and content producers look the other way WHY?

I used to try really hard to uphold my values and beliefs where right and wrong were concerned with site operations but the webmasters involved in this do not do the same.

We had a previous discussion of similar nature concerning a webmaster promoting bestiality on his adult mgp site - right / wrong /moral ehtics / Hmmm according to my personal beliefs it is WRONG to promote such content and I will not {because I cant stand looking at it on my sites} However if I had a tolerance to it -- my neighboring sites promote it why should they be cashing in and I am not.....

The point Im so desperately trying to make is
    Rights Right and Wrongs Wrong - and the site operators running these sites lost track of that a long time ago - its now about traffic numbers and profits , if this were NOT true then those 2 submitters would not have been submitting to nearly every Gay niche mgp/tgp site there is and they were.

I cannot police Titans content or anyone elses alone as much as I would like to I cannot do it alone and the group as a whole will NOT band together and do the right thing when an issue arises -

When a sponsor is informed of such a situation no matter whos reporting it an investigation should begin and it should be dealt with not because you report it or minemee reports it because it was reported.

So why did I change my mind?

:coffee: Sponsors / Webmasters ignore a situation profiting them and their traffic numbers - then suddenly I do the RIGHT thing and stop the thief on my sites and guess what "I am the bastard for having done so" and its been said time and time again to me for having blacklisted stolen content.
    So phuck it is my opinion now - If Titan wants to Play internet police and the other producers want to play internet police its their content let them play police - it really IS their job not the tgp/mgp site owners job -

Any time at all a sponsor has emailed me informing me a submitter is using stolen content I honor requests for deletion promptly and without hesitation, how many times has that happened in all the years Ive run sites?

I can count them on 1 hand !:coffee:

Quote Originally Posted by procam View Post
    The point Im so desperately trying to make is
    Rights Right and Wrongs Wrong - and the site operators running these sites lost track of that a long time ago - its now about traffic numbers and profits , if this were NOT true then those 2 submitters would not have been submitting to nearly every Gay niche mgp/tgp site there is and they were.
    So, in essence, what you are saying is that the answer to my original question, from pretty much all of the big gay TGP / MGP players is yes, they do accept submissions from webmasters even if they know for a fact the content is stolen.

Regards,

Lee

Also, do you think this mentality of not caring about whether submitters use licensed content or not would change if there was some type of accountability for the owners of these TGPs and MGPs that accepted submissions with stolen content?

You would figure, as a lot of these places host the thumbnails, they would also be liable for the infractions too.

Regards,

Lee

Paco
    Lee, that is a good QUESTION (that is all I see it as).

IF I know of a gallery, which has been populated with stolen content, or of webmasters whom are using another sponsor’s promo content, to promote us, I start toasting galleries and webmaster accounts. (Unlike two of the greedy bastards whom I contacted so to have them to look after their abusive webmasters. Surprisingly enough, nothing was done. Oh, BTW, their accounts with us were suspended - traffic and joins still accepted, but no earnings issued - until they did something about the webmaster, or told me to piss off).

Yah, of course, I'll give the webmaster ONE chance to:
    - clearly explain things to me.
    - contact the sponsor they wronged, so to explain their actions (Must CC me all responses/correspondence!).
    - remove ALL offending material, immediately!

If you use the excuse that you did not receive my e-mail ... too bad, so sad - maintain your account profile, properly (ensure you provide us with a current/used account), and add me to your fricken 'buddy' lists... BUDDY!

I do not hesitate to terminate accounts, nor have I in the past. I was the recipient of some SUPREME shit, by some higher being, for toasting a few webmaster accounts, as well for informing the processors of webmasters whom where doing things that I did not agree with!

I do not lose sight of my ethics simple because profit moseyed on in.

So, in essence, what you are saying is that the answer to my original question, from pretty much all of the big gay TGP / MGP players is yes, they do accept submissions from webmasters even if they know for a fact the content is stolen.

Regards,

Lee
    Yes that is correct and I spoke with several of the large site owners yesterday and today about it and thats what I got back from them as well.

To answer your second question Lee yes I think it would change BUT......
    Theres a lot more to it than right wrong and apples and oranges.

First and follow me here -
    Say you purchase a few cds of content today, from a buyer you consider reputable, you pay good money for it and then in turn Titan comes hunting your head because they own that and you dont have a legit license to use it.
    When it comes down to it Titan SHOULD want to know where you got it from - and if they have any decency about them they will forgo prosecuting you in exchange for the name / location of the person that actually sold it to you falsely bearing a license to use it -because THATS what we are really talking about here- because thats the bigger fish {How it should be done in a case like this}

Thats my opinion - but if I were the producer and faced with such a situation I would go after the head of the person distributing my content and issuing false license to use to - thats like the top of the food chain you cut that head off and you kill the problem going after all the little fish in the pond would be a waste of time/resources imho.