Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gay Documetary

TopBucks_Juan

Gay Documetary

Has anyone seen this new gay documentary? It's called "The Cockettes". If you haven't seen it, try and rent it. It's a tid bit of gay history, I think you will get a kick out of watching.

http://www.cockettes.com/

If you have seen this. Let me know what your thoughts are on it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Wasnt that documentary just on TV recently?

Regards,

Lee

TopBucks_Juan
    Originally posted by Lee
    Wasnt that documentary just on TV recently?

Regards,

Lee
    It may have been a different documentary, but the one I saw was just released on DVD.

Ounique
    OMG!!! I loved The Cockettes! It reminded me of the group of people I used to hang out with when we did Rocky Horror. And it was really cool to see this group of wild kids from the 60's and how they all grew up and what they are doing now. I highly recommend it.

TopBucks_Juan
    Don! I applaud you for having good taste.:thumbsup:

Ounique
    LOL! I guess I shouldn't tell you that my favorite movie is Grease 2 then. LOL!

Hey, if you like The Cockettes, go out and rent the movie "Grey Gardens". It's a documentary of Jackie O's aunt and cousin, mother and daughter both named Edie, who live in an old run-down mansion in East Hampton with 20 cats, racoons, and fleas. It's unreal but you'll end up watching it again and again. Trust me on this one.

TopBucks_Juan
    I will check that one out. Thanks Don.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    I don't know... I think I'm going to have to hand in my 'I like weird shit' card here.

But watching the documentary on the Cockettes made me think that this was the basis for A Mighty Wind.

It was funny to watch and painfully embarassing at times. The bitchiness is what made me enjoy it.

I dunno... (shaking head)

Hugs,
    Gary

Jasun
    Originally posted by Ounique
    LOL! I guess I shouldn't tell you that my favorite movie is Grease 2 then. LOL!
    OH man, that movie was what made me wanna take up motorcydle riding in the first place.

Seeing Corin Haulfied all dressed up in skin-tight silver riding regalia still makes me weak in the knees. Watcing him try to learn how to ride and falling all over the place was SO hot.

And seeing Michelle Pfeifer singing "I Wanna Coo-oo-oo-ool Rider" is worth the price of admission alone.

It was the best God-Awful movie since "Xanadu".

Jasun
    double reply.. duh.

i went to the site, and i'm now awash in a sense of anticipation. i'll definitely be finding a copy of the cockettes to watch.

my favorite documentary of all time is paris is burning. not a happy ending, and bittersweet, but it reminds me of the people i knew and loved when i was 15 through 17 (a very important time for me). i find it a beautiful and fully engrossing document of the drag (and related) scene, well worth watching if you haven't seen it.

Ounique
    Originally posted by Jasun
    OH man, that movie was what made me wanna take up motorcydle riding in the first place.

Seeing Corin Haulfied all dressed up in skin-tight silver riding regalia still makes me weak in the knees. Watcing him try to learn how to ride and falling all over the place was SO hot.

And seeing Michelle Pfeifer singing "I Wanna Coo-oo-oo-ool Rider" is worth the price of admission alone.

Okay, one more reason we need to hang, dude! One correction, it was Maxwell Caulfield, and the fact the he and half the cast couldn't hold a note in a bucket yet they somehow ended up in a musical just makes it all the better. And the one girl who played Sharon was previously in the movie Fame, where her character was the girl who couldn't sing!!! Brilliant casting decision there. "We need to get a girl to play Sharon... how about that chick from Fame who couldn't sing!!!". LOL! Love it. LOVE IT!!!

"The name's Delores Rebchuck. Some jerks call me woodchuck or upchuck, but I prefer Delores. Got it?" :goof:

Ounique
    Originally posted by Jasun
    ...and don't even get me started on Xanadu!

Oh, and Patti, I'm gonna have to check out Paris is Burning. Never saw it. Thanks for the referral.

the end of paris is burning made me cry - you couldn't tell yourself "it's just a movie" as it's 100% documentary. but it is WONDERFUL!

if you find a place that has it on dvd, please let me know. i only had it on tape.

Jasun
    Paris Is Burning rocks... I must have seen that movie about 10 times. It's a really good movie, but yeah, a bit sad. And while we're on the subject of gayish musicals that are so bad they're good, has anyone seen "Avenue Q"?