Thread: Religious right. The high road to morality?

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Religious right. The high road to morality?

I thought those who were "religious" and of course even more so, those who are "fanatical religious" would adhere to the basics of religious piety.... no drinking, or at a minimum drinking in moderation ( as some religions condone), and not swearing, obeying the laws...etc.

So we have heard on several occasions our own religious fanatic president utter expletives in public forums...

and now we have Mel Gibson, drunk, cursing, threatening officers jobs, making sexual comments to both male and female officers...

and this is the religous right that gets to claim the high road to morality?

Seems to be an example of "do as I say, not as I do".

Being "in the loop" with the religious right I can tell you exactly how they work.

They preach about how God can make a difference in your life.

They tell you stories about how bad they were before they found God, and that after being saved they've started living life the way God wants them to live it.

They tell you that God speaks to them and tells them to do things.

They work on a level of holliness. Some Christians are better then others because they've done more good. (though they will never admit it) Part of going to church is wearing your Sundays best (showing off how clean and pure you are via your wardrobe)

If they are doing something that God told them to do, that affects you negatively, it's not them doing it, it's the will of God, as they are only Gods instrument. No Christian hates anyone. Christians hate the sin in the non Christian way of life. Christians don't hate you as a person, they hate the sin in you. Sin is categorized as something someone does, says, or thinks. So to make it more clear, Christians don't hate you, they hate the things you do, say, or think.

In the Christian mind (includes catholics remember) Mel Gibson is an icon now. He can do no wrong. He will be seen as a warrior for God that, at his weekest moment, was swayed by satan to the side of sin.

As a young kid that was abandoned to the state I came across my fair share of these types. One was a pasture that preached and preached, and wanted me to come stay with his riteous family. I declined (had a strange feeling). I rather stay in the group home (orphanage). Years later it was found that he had a taste for young boys. He's in jail now.

Gay is the new Black
    Blah! BooBoo

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    One was a pasture that preached and preached, and wanted me to come stay with his riteous family. I declined (had a strange feeling). I rather stay in the group home (orphanage). Years later it was found that he had a taste for young boys. He's in jail now.
    I had a Pentecostal Priest at the church my mother went to offer me a sleep over. His mother was out of town and we could pray all night without disturbing anyone. I knew I was gay and had already been around a few parks.

Later we , my mother and I, went to one of her friend’s house and I told them his offer. The friend said her son has gone over to his house before and it’s a good spiritual experience.

Her face dropped when I told them he was rubbing my knee and I thought he wanted to do more then pray.

3 months later he was arrested for the abuse of 7 kids and my mother’s friend wouldn’t let me in her house after that day.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    I grew up in the Eastern USA on the high road to morality....and after a while i saw the hypocracy, the hatred, the two faced lies....and I got off the bus and moved to california.

The hook the Christians have is morality.

Christians try to claim morality as something created by Jesus and their God. It's not.

Morality is the code of ethics that each of us individually follows, of our own free will.

Before Chritianity caught fire to the planet there was morality. After Christianity cools to embers, there will be morality.

Our current administration is as bad as a country run by Jews or muslims. I have nothing against anyone and their religion at all. I respect that, just don't threaten my way of life because you think yours is closer to what you think your God wants.

Paco
    need to remember that it is regnat populus (the people rule, or 'majority' rules).

That means that the fad/trend chasers (being those th@ look-up to the MelGibsons etcetera), allow them to do as they wish, and they easily accept their hollow apologies, because without these little dramas or happenings, their lives would be empty and oh so boring

Also, if you look at history you will clearly see (what Michael said) that these so-called religious folk are actually the ones that need to have their little rules so to protect themselves ... from themselves.

How do I spell religion? That is easy: H_Y_P_O_C_R_I_S_Y !
    (The concept was a good one, but it failed, miserably!)