Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do your aebn movies work right now?

do your aebn movies work right now?

my friend got his feeds fixed but now when i clicked on various movies, my media player said "Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file."
    his site is str8 and this problem was included on every feed i checked including buns in the oven, featured films, true amateurs and real tits.

hopefully aebn has their boardtracker on, but in the meantime - are your site having the same issue?

maxpower
    From what I know its going to take like 12 hours to get the feeds working again after the disabled error has been fixed. So I am sure later today or tonight this guys will be back in business. Am I the only one that have observed how our AEBN reps have totally ignored this whole subject on the board? But I must say I did get a e-mail from AEBN saying the are going to do some maintenance tomorrow for a hour at 5-6AM so they will be down then. “I guess they are going to do something about all this even if they do not want to talk about it in public” :chicken:

Maxpower, Intense Mark and I had this problem the other day

At first they said it wouldn't be fixed until Monday, then they didn't know how long, then they said it would be fixed in 12 hours.

I went to bed. When I woke up the feeds were working

thanks. i guess it hadn't been 12 hours yet. why they turn the pages back on and not the movies, i don't even WANT to know.

btw, he was shut off for a bill of under $5 that he didn't know about - and of course this last month no one received an invoice. it's amazing to me that they would turn people off who they couldn't even be bothered to bill...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    They are running more upgrades according to the email broadcast they sent out that i received this morning.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    They are running more upgrades according to the email broadcast they sent out that i received this morning.

Regards,

Lee
    I've been a customer of theirs over two years now and I didn't receive that email broadcast this morning.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    It floors me just how much companies (not just in the adult biz) don't get customer service at all.

From what I've been hearing about AEBN, the *response* to the problem was almost worse than the problem itself. I can't imagine somebody not getting fired -- or at least severely reprimanded -- for saying "Sorry, we can't do anything until Monday" when it's obvious that everyone is having problems.

But... there's at least one other PPV provider that in my book is worse as far as incompetence and broken promises... and at least AEBN is working to make things right now.

i wish we were talking about the PPV part of aebn - that's easily replaced in most niches. we're talking about paysite feeds in a certain format, and once a paysite has their bonus content based on aebn, going with other feed providers will take some redesigning and readjustment.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Yeah I had a delay too after my feeds were enabled it took about 12 hours to get them working again, just weird. I am still speaking to aebn about the whole weekend situation. I am not going to say much more until I hear back from Shelby with aebn and see how tonights update goes.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Did you guys know that the feeds on AEBN can be downloaded and saved to your computer?

I had no idea until I went searching two days ago for such a program because I wanted to download a video on the Big Brother Australia site.

The first result on the term I searched for brought an adsense result for a product under $50 that would do it.

I downloaded the free version, it worked on the BB site.. so I tried it on AEBN and it worked there as well!

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Did you guys know that the feeds on AEBN can be downloaded and saved to your computer?

I had no idea until I went searching two days ago for such a program because I wanted to download a video on the Big Brother Australia site.

The first result on the term I searched for brought an adsense result for a product under $50 that would do it.

I downloaded the free version, it worked on the BB site.. so I tried it on AEBN and it worked there as well!

Are you really saying my viewers can download the movies from aben feeds,and view the offline? If so what is this free product. I will really have to think if its worth all the bandwidth that this will use up with them, but it could be a interesting real idea. :coffee:

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Are you really saying my viewers can download the movies from aben feeds,and view the offline? If so what is this free product. I will really have to think if its worth all the bandwidth that this will use up with them, but it could be a interesting real idea. :coffee:

As much as I'm frustrated with AEBN right now I do support our industry and our content as adult webmasters. I'm not going to post the name of the software online. If you want to know PM me your ICQ and I'll send you the name. It also works for capturing cam feeds.. but that's nothing new :high:

I downloaded the trial version, not the free version, my mistake.

The point is that most producers license their content to AEBN in the thought that it's safe and not downloadable. Some care, others don't, but those who do care should know that the content is downloadable. This is nothing against AEBN either. We all know that hacks and cracks happen all the time with protected content although this software seems mainstream and is promoted via adsense.

maxpower
    Thax man, I will PM you about this I would really like to know more. Not sure if its a good idea to tell viewers a way to download the movies “Huge Bandwidth Cost” and all the other reservations, but it is really interesting to think about and I am sure some of my viewers will like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Thax man, I will PM you about this I would really like to know more. Not sure if its a good idea to tell viewers a way to download the movies “Huge Bandwidth Cost” and all the other reservations, but it is really interesting to think about and I am sure some of my viewers will like this.
    Screw that I'm not telling you so your viewers can find out and suck content off "protected" sites fuck that

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Screw that I'm not telling you so your viewers can find out and suck content off "protected" sites fuck that
    Well I really don’t think I would do that man, its just an idea. My bandwidth bill with ABEN is enough as it is now I would really just like to know just for personal info. :nerd: