Thread: Affiliate Program Designs... Do They Influence You At All?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Affiliate Program Designs... Do They Influence You At All?

So im in the process of getting a straight affiliate program up and running and was wondering, straight or gay does the design of the cash program website influence your decision to join a program or not?

For example, if a programs website clearly gives you links to the parts of the site you need most regularly, does that play in your decision to join the program?

Also, when hitting a new program for the first time, what is the first page you actually take the time to look for and read?

Regards,

Lee

i don't really care - the affiliate site can be as simple as three text links and a ccbill sign up form or the site can have all the bells and whistles. the only time i might think twice is when i see a site that looks like the webmasters had no clue at all - where things look weird or don't work right. even then, if they pay be ccbill and the sites i want to promote are good, i'll probably go for it but if they are making the payouts themselves, simple is okay but i'll think twice if they look clueless.

Xstr8guy
    Nope. Not one bit. In fact, I'm always pleased to see the 3 familiar boxes that signify it as a CCbill site. Snazzy, Flash-filled affilate programs usually make me slightly nauseous... and skeptical.

Having said that, I wish more CCbill sponsors had more than 3 468x60 banners to choose from. Really, who uses those anymore? Give me some nice big vertical banners please.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    does the design of the cash program website influence your decision to join a program or not?
    Of course - they make me turn tail and RUN! (I do not join any a program simply because it looks pretty.)

I am not there to surf or browse, so I believe that the graphic :jasun:ies waste too much time!
    Affiliate programs that offer what I am looking for (big dick sites) are my main concern. The rest is merely unnecessary window dressing.

I did not understand, and really hated, all those graphic-heavy affiliate programs/sites (until FireFox entered my life, making it so much easier - favourite extensions are AdBlock, AniDisable, NoScript).

..if a programs website clearly gives you links to the parts of the site you need most regularly, does that play in your decision to join the program?
    Rarely! If anything, detailed stats weigh more.

..when hitting a new program for the first time, what is the first page you actually take the time to look for and read?
    I typically head straight for the Our Sites link, and if they have what I am looking for, I will proceed.
    No big dick site ... hmm.
    No detailed stats (RAWS, referring URL log etc) ... hmm.
    No hardcore promotional material ... hmm.

NEXT!