View Poll Results: Which Restaurant do you prefer?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • The French Market

2 40.00%
  • El Coyote on Beverly

2 40.00%
  • Bossa Nova on Sunset

1 20.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Webmaster Lunch August 23rd

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Webmaster Lunch August 23rd

Restaurant choices poll..for August 23rd Lunch

French Quarter Market Place

El Coyote

Bossa Nova on Sunset

If you want to add any, post away. I think we can then decide based upon the votes in the poll and in the posts in the next 48 hours...which to choose...

I will be happy then to contact the restaurant and make the appointment and give them an idea of who is coming....how many...etc.

it's way too soon to contact the resturant as every lunch we've done has had great amounts of people either suddenly decide to come - or a bunch of people who suddenly can't make it.

i know tony says he wanted to go to el coyote, but now it seems like he and cam may not be there. i like french market because we can get the upstairs - they've always been very nice about that - or the entire center downstairs.

bossa nova looks a little small for this kind of thing if it's the place that used to be famous amos.

i remember don mike used to want to do hamburger mary's. i haven't been there - is it quiet enough to talk biz?

Bossa Nova on Sunset has that large dining room off to the right of the kitchen..... but they may be busy.... and certainly won't be private..

The french market is a very welcoming gay place... and i know they would be very accomodating...

El Coyote, not sure..do they have a large room for groups?

and the reason I am offering to contact the restaurant is in case we go to a place that will need us to make some kind of advance space reservation...for taht many people....

suppose they already have a large party booking at french market or el coyote, etc on the 23rd? better to get dibs on the place early...

just my thought......

the lunches are always a little after regular office lunches - they've always been around 1 or so and i've gone to over 15 and it's never been a problem.

in any case, till we have an idea of who's coming, we can't tell them how many are coming. right now we have

me
    you
    don mike
    armpitlover
    chad
    and of course, develish.

are there any other firm comfirms? usually this long before the lunches, no one is sure what they'll be doing.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    I don't care I get lost driving in the city anyways - I'll be there wherever you are, folks

Okay, well i guess i am just excited that I'll actually be here for this one...

I guess I should just relax...

all in good time....

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I bought plane tickets and rented a car just to come for this -- seriously ~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Same here, Chad :-P

oh, and cuz I can't make it to Phoenix Forum...

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    Same here, Chad :-P

oh, and cuz I can't make it to Phoenix Forum...
    You big liar head! I think you are going to LA for more than just the lunch!!!!

;-)
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    You big liar head! I think you are going to LA for more than just the lunch!!!!

;-)
    *huge texan accent* Ah aint no lahyer

Originally I wanted to go to L.A. to meet the guys I can't meet since I don't go to Phoenix (two gay weddings, remember...)

Then my BF learned that he is send to Denver for two weeks. This was when I started to look for flights.
    Then I told my mum my plans and the conversation went about like this:

"you can't leave your poor old mother sit here all by herself in Turkey and fly to L.A. without me... are we going to Vegas?!!?!"
    "yeah - I feel bad and have water in my eyes and my heart hurts... roll over or you get sunburn on your front laying on the beach all day long"

:high:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well im still hoping to get out to L.A but wont know until a few days before the 23rd based on my current workloads.

Regards,

Lee

JustBryce
    I"ll be there and I bet I can get Andymike and maybe a couple of the other guys to come along. Would be great to hang.

That would sure be awesome!

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    great...

let's go for my original suggestion of El Coyote

like I said, we have our weekly HIV RealPrevention planning meetings every Wednesday/Thursday in the gazebo at The French Market - two weeks ago, I made the mistake of ordering food... my grilled chicken sandwhich came with a big, quarter sized round of MOLD on the bun!

I stopped going there after Cam and I both got food poisoning from eating their gumbo about 5 years ago - this was the second time we both got food poisoning there - the second time, I called the LA County Health Department - after an inspection and, reivew of our medical records, the French Market was downgraded to a "B"

We almost died TWICE!

tony, let's make a deal - if you come to the lunch, we go to your resturant pick

btw, been eating at french market since 1972 without incident. sounds like you guys have some major bad luck.