Thread: Using Genders In URLs - What Works Best?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Using Genders In URLs - What Works Best?

So ive been searching for a few domains this morning and found myself with the problem of deciding between various descriptive words for genders, male, dude, guys, men, etc and i was wondering if you folks had any input on to which of the available words would work best?

Do you think surfers even care about the domain name being used these days for it to be an issue?

Regards,

Lee

i think the site name sometimes makes a difference.

i use "man" for manly men like muscle, bears, etc. i use "guy" for average types - men who are not "manly" types or twinks.

words evoke an emotional response so i figure a site title that an affiliate could use as a text link that people would actually click means that domain is doing its job.

scally

bloke

mate
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Gay is the new Black
    hamandcheeseonrye.com sounds like a hot man on man site to me

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i think the site name sometimes makes a difference.

i use "man" for manly men like muscle, bears, etc. i use "guy" for average types - men who are not "manly" types or twinks.

words evoke an emotional response so i figure a site title that an affiliate could use as a text link that people would actually click means that domain is doing its job.

I can agree with most of that, but with all the restrictions on “boys” using “guys” to describe twinks is becoming more and more viable. As in Twink Guys or Barely Legal Guys, sorry for the shameless plug but I do believe that.