Thread: Content Sales?

maxpower

Content Sales?

I was just wondering if some of the people that have been around a bit longer could help me out with this? I know from time to time most non exclusive content providers have sales like http://cheapcontent.com/ just did. I was just wondering if you guys/girls know about any others that are coming up especially maxpixels.com or adultlegal.com. I know maxpixels.com has sales from time to time, but when are they normally and what kind of sales do they have normally have “50%?” Its just that I need to get allot of content and need to save up as much as possible for future deals, so any info on future sales will really help. :cheerleader:

maxpower
    PS if you content guys do not want to talk about this in public you can always PM me anytime :donmike:

why don't you just ask don mike during business hours? he IS the maxpixels rep, after all. i'm sure he can also make deals with anyone who is making large content purchases - sort of a "create your own sale" thing for people who aren't buying just 5 or 6 sets.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    why don't you just ask don mike during business hours? he IS the maxpixels rep, after all. i'm sure he can also make deals with anyone who is making large content purchases - sort of a "create your own sale" thing for people who aren't buying just 5 or 6 sets.
    Well I am sure Don will be a big help, but I was just thinking it might be a good idea to start to thinking a few months ahead with all this content. Bass do you know what kind of sales they normally have and when they are? You don’t have to say it in public I know how that could be a bad idea, but if you could PM me any info it really would help. But not just Maxpixels some of the other guys have content I would like to get as well like adultlegal.com and a few other with really large catalogs.

To tell the truth with all the cost of opening this new site right now I am pretty broke, but will need as much content as I can get my hands on in the future so was thinking this might be the best way to get most of it. :fucked:

sorry - i've only bought at sales on ounique and cheapcontent. other than that, i've always made special deals direct with the content sellers instead of waiting. maybe someone here will know.

maxpower
    Thax Bass, I know all this can really be a really touchy subject. I just wonder what kind of future deals I could work out, I guess I will have to talk to them about it, but would love to know what they have done for others, the amount I would need to spend, and a % I would get off on the content, as well as ballpark ideas of future sale dates and %’s of those sales.

God I really sound like a cheap bastard now :haha:

i don't find this a touchy subject, and am glad that you can i can talk about business like this for a change.

i have gotten deals from content providers giving me anywhere from 10 - 50% off the price of what i was buying. the amount of sets or videos we're talking about for those deals ranged from 10 to 100, but the best deals were not always on the largest orders. sometimes i think the content providers just want to help, sometimes they hope you'll come back and a few are probably hoping you'll talk about the great content you got from them.

maxpower
    Well I was talking about it being a touchy subject for the content providers, I am sure they do not want everyone to know lets say in 2 months all their content will be 50% off, or if you save up you all not have to pay full sticker price ECT.

I would be more than happy to talk up any content provider, that helps me out “not that I think people really care what I say” Most of you know, I still say allot of nice things about maxpixies, but of course all of that is true, and I do not say it just cuzz they gave me some content in a contest. I guess I will talk to Don about this soon, nothing I can really do this month “new site broke me” but this is something I really need to start doing. Maybe even working out a deal to get like 40 videos/sets every month or every other month until I have all the available content I need from their catalog then move to another provider.