Thread: What Do You Think The Industry Failure Rate Is?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Do You Think The Industry Failure Rate Is?

So far as new people joining the adult industry and then leaving once they realize they cant make any money?

Ive seen loads of threads in the past about how many newer webmasters join the industry each year, as well as how many newbie webmasters 'make it' but i dont think ive seen any threads about failure rates.

Id have to guess that we, as an industry, have a really high turnover rate for individuals joining and leaving in fact, id probably go as far as saying that the turnover rate for businesses/individuals in the adult industry is probably higher than any other.

So what are your thoughts on this? if you had to put a number, say 100 to make it easy, out of every 100 webmasters joining the industry, how many of them do you think quit within a relatively short time?

Regards,

Lee

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    i don't think i would list my "failures" publicly , but just for purpose of showing that not everything i touch turns to gold , i did "buy-in" to this "bubblegum machine" ($300.00 a piece) venture which was suppose to make me loads of money daily on something as simple as candy and impulse buying , the result was 3 machines destroyed , 2 stolen , and one i managed to sell-off for $50.00 bucks!
    in regards to adult , the market is fierce , content is tight , and a combination of goverment and public opinion is always changing the marketplace.
    i would say out of 100 , 5 will become successful!

sincerely ..."hurry hurry , step right up , and see 50 gorgeous women in 49 beautiful dresses!"... :fool:

i know a lot of people who have not acheived fulltime status after many years, and some who have actually paid more money to servers and content than they actually make. the thing is, a lot of people seem to consider this a hobby or part of a sort of daydream of independence. even though they are not making $1000 a month, some after more than six years, they just keep banging away.

i mention that here because a lot of these guys never quit.

marcjacob
    I see this as a hobby. I enjoy it. I think failure rate is high because people think they can put up a few adult sites and make a fortune. It doesnt work that way. Will i make enough to pay my living expenses? Possibly, in the mean time ill enjoy the work.

Ive given up on paysites though, dont need the hassle of trying to retain members. Now im letting the premium avs's worry about that. Who knows if that will work, i can but try. With sponsors im not interested in partnership, i want the sign up cash.