Thread: what EXACTLY are you meant to have in your 2257 records?

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar

what EXACTLY are you meant to have in your 2257 records?

of there seems to be the obvious items.

i have a photoset of Joe Blow.
    I create a folder contining what?

* Obviously a photo id of him ( DL, password ect )
    * a sheet of paper with his legal name on and any aliases he told me he has used ( not sure where you get all those from unless you spokme to him )
    * A list of the url's on your site that he is on

What else? some peolpe say the model relase but in the attoiuney report " what to do in the event of a 2257 inspection" it says do NOT have the model relase with it as its not required. and if the model relase isnt required then how can they tell when the images were shot ?

does anyone have a difinative list ?
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

i'd suggest you ask an attorney as different people will have different answer.

you do not keep the modeling release with your 2257 records. the modeling release has absolutely nothing to do with 2257 regulations.

as i understand it, you need to have the i.d.s cross referenced by model name name and by the urls the content appears on and you are supposed to have copies of the content along with the i.d.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    With a website called "CollegeBoysLive.com" you really should have an attorney advising you. Do not rely on advice from other people, only trust the written advice from your attorney.

If you pay for an attorney's consult make them put it on paper in the form of an "opinion". If you ever get into trouble you have something to use in court to say you followed the advice of legal counsel. It's much harder to get a conviction if you were doing what an attorney advised you to do.

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    If you pay for an attorney's consult make them put it on paper in the form of an "opinion". If you ever get into trouble you have something to use in court to say you followed the advice of legal counsel. It's much harder to get a conviction if you were doing what an attorney advised you to do.
    we have been consulting with our attourney, although the ideas and stuff on the boards help as well.

like your idea about getting it all in writing. excellent idea
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i'd suggest you ask an attorney as different people will have different answer.

you do not keep the modeling release with your 2257 records. the modeling release has absolutely nothing to do with 2257 regulations.

as i understand it, you need to have the i.d.s cross referenced by model name name and by the urls the content appears on and you are supposed to have copies of the content along with the i.d.

Great accurate advice yet again Basschick :ninja:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    You might want to check this out as it contains some very helpful info:

http://www.firstamendment.com/media/...esentation.pdf

Hope that is helpful!

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

desslock
    What if you put your request for specific help in writing to the US Dept of Justice?

If you ran a radio station, and you had compliance questions, wouldn't you write the FCC? If you had questions about hiring employees for your business, wouldn't you write the Dept of Labor?

Still comply obviously, but what is wrong with insisting the DOJ help you?

If you put tax requests in writing to the IRS, they must respond to you. You do have the right against self incrimination, and you should not be viewed as guilty until proven innocent.

In other words, if the DOJ is to act like a regulatory compliance agency, then they must follow the proceedures every other body follows.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by desslock View Post
    Still comply obviously, but what is wrong with insisting the DOJ help you?

If you put tax requests in writing to the IRS, they must respond to you. You do have the right against self incrimination, and you should not be viewed as guilty until proven innocent.

In other words, if the DOJ is to act like a regulatory compliance agency, then they must follow the proceedures every other body follows.
    How nice it would be if it really worked like this as it would relieve so much stress everyone has, but they don't want this to be easy for anyone and they want people to do it incorrectly and they want to make examples out of those who do it incorrectly.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could get a "how to" brochure from the government on 2257 with even a FAQ perhaps? wow what a world that would be :cop:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com