Thread: Taking Screen Grabs From Movies - How Many Per Minute?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Taking Screen Grabs From Movies - How Many Per Minute?

Was just wondering what the 'ideal' amount of screengrabs was per minute when taking images directly from DVD content?

Do you have a set amount that you take per minute or do you base your calculations on something else?

Im hoping to get at least 200 good quality images from each 15 minute scene if thats possible?

Anyone got any advice they would like to share about this?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Of course it depends on number of scene changes, setting, action, etc... but we usually end up with about a hundred for a 15 minute clip. If we do it automated (one every so many seconds) we do maybe 125-140 and that usually lets us end up with a decent number of fairly good ones.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Chip,

If you dont mind saying, how many seconds do you grab a pic?

Regards,

Lee

dannyz
    One in 10 seconds works for me, as long as you don't mind spending some time taking out the crappy ones.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Well, if the edited clip is 15 minutes, we do one about every 8-10 seconds or so, depending on how much variation there is. If there are a lot of camera angles, or the model is doing a lot of different positions, we might go one every 5-7 secs, but if it's a more boring scene (like with a typical straight guy), then probably every 10 or 12 seconds.

And, as Danny said, you have to be willing to sort through the crap. The guy that was originally capturing and sorting our stuff for us was a lil sloppy so we're going back through a lot of them now and cleaning up some more.

Paco
    That all depends on the scene: I do all screen caps (SC) manually, in order to get the best quality as well to eliminate all the crap - stop doing SCs via script (some automated process), because I still had to filter through them, to weed out the blurry ones, as well the duplicates.

Galleries, for a five minute scene, usually have 200 SCs. We started off with way more, but they were not being viewed.