Thread: 2257 Records Database Program

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

2257 Records Database Program

I am currently using a database program for my 2257 docs but I am really interested in knowing if any of you have found a professionally written commercial program to handle 2257 docs.

I have searched via the engines and have really not found anything that excites me...I am really surprised that some programmer has NOT gone after this market.

Thanks for the suggestions -

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Using Excel here. Would be nice to find a custom designed solution.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Very funny you guys should bring this up now. I spent a bunch of time looking for commercial applications and haven't seen anything I really like or would trust.

We're working on something now to convert our records from Access to a web-accessible (PHP/MySQL-based) application that will work for the secondary producer requirements of 4472 as well.

We didn't really build it to resell, but we're considering doing that... if we were to do that, we might have to build in a little more flexibility to make sure it works for other producers, and of course, we'd also have to have someone to support it.

But we wrote it specifically because we haven't found anything else out there that's as complete as what we're developing. Depending on how it turns out, it might be an option. If anyone knows of a good commercial application that isn't vaporware, I'd love to know about it.

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    easy2257 looks like it may work well , I am trying it out now. its only $19 ( says $50 on the site but when you goto pay it only asks for $19 )

at www.2257madeeasy.com

anyone used this one fully yet ? if so how do you like it?
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Gilster
    I run a company that does 2257 software and services.

We looked at everything in the market and weren't satisfied technically or legally. Not to say there's anything wrong with what is out there or that it won't make you compliant, but we would like to see more data checking, security, encryption, audit trails, privacy, sharing among producers, import/export features, etc. Some software has useful extra fields (e.g. second IDs, model releases) but no way to produce a version for inspection that provides only what the government is entitled to have. They are also missing some fields that would be helpful -- like who entered the record and when, who owns it, where it comes from, and do we have the right to share it with other producers. I could go on and on. Also, not sure how well some of these will scale up for larger producers.

One promising package came from Mansion Productions, which designed a plug-in module last year for customers already using their content management and affiliate management software. I did not have the chance to test it but it looked very good from the literature.

Why isn't there more out there? The market is pretty small and the stakes for putting out bad software are high. Nobody is going to make money selling software to a few thousand users at $19 a copy, or $100, or even $500. If you're already in the business you have other fish to fry.

Given our concerns we decided to do our own version, which we will probably release for free. That isn't ready so I won't waste anyone's time on vaporware. In the meanwhile, if I were a small producer I would try a few demos and pick out the one that seems best. Make sure it allows for data import/export in case you deal with others or migrate to a new system later. As a larger producer I would design my own database to fit my particular needs. It's not that hard, and that's what most have done.

The key is the data. Whatever software you use, be sure you gather all of the records you need and keep them orderly.

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    I found this program and I would like to know what other's think of it. Not exactly what I had in mind but closer...Check it out and give me your 2 cents.

http://www.ytracker.com/

Thanks!

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gilster View Post
    One promising package came from Mansion Productions, which designed a plug-in module last year for customers already using their content management and affiliate management software. I did not have the chance to test it but it looked very good from the literature.

This 2257 software is what I use and it's top notch. As you're publishing new models it just becomes part of publishing process. :cop:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com