Thread: What Are You Cautious Of In The Industry?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Are You Cautious Of In The Industry?

For me, i would have to say im extremely cautious about affiliate programs located outside of the US, always have been even when i lived in the UK.

I just dont have a lot of confidence in their ability for honesty, especially the ones located in Eastern Europe.

So what things are you cautious about when it comes to the adult industry?

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Yeah, I agree here. I'm cautious about the Russian programs. Their content always seems to skirt pretty close to the edge of dangerous and obscene -- too young models, serious SM, and incest. Plus, unless they're processing with ccbill, I'm never really sure if I'll get paid. So, for the most part I leave them alone.

However, I don't have a problem promoting eastern European-based sites like Gay Fruit and Czech Boys.

I'm also pretty cautious about promoting young guy sites in generally because too many of the models look too young. And even though they're run by reputable programs who likely aren't doing anything wrong, it just makes my comfort levels start to itch.

I'm also pretty cautious about promoting the big straight programs and their "gay" sites -- generally speaking they're a lot of stupid ideas, poorly executed and the same content.

Michael

Paco
    I tend to stay away from the "specials" or promotional periods - I usually divert traffic during those "special" times because I notice too much of a change in patterns. (WOW, if they only knew how their notices really serve me they'd probably stop sending them.)

I rarely have any issues working with sponsors (and affiliate) from the eastern block, and experience no more problems than I do/would with those in N.America.

billing companies!

Paco
    oh yah: companies that CONSTANTLY change their program's, or corporation's, "name"...

...and sponsors that resurface, after hiding under a rock for many many years.

Speaking as a rep of a producer...

My thing is that we have to be careful of all the companies that want in on the action.

Fratmen's content is really good and lots of people want to either do a theater or a PPV site or asking to get thier content on our site.

It's hard sometimes to not just go for the bucks and not keep our brand as uncluttered as possible.

It's also tough not to cave to the pressure from some members to change the formula. We're a solo site, and although LOTS of people would love to see our guys get into some action, we have to stay what we are to be who we are.

there are plenty of ikky gay-4-pay sites out there, and we need to resist becomming one of them.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.