Thread: Tangible Marketing

dwaynered

Tangible Marketing

I know for a fact that most of us spend enormous amounts of time marketing our sites via the web and possibly a few well placed magazine/newspaper ads.

However, how many of us have actually considered the immediate and more tangible marketing results that you can get from vending at pride shows, expos and trade shows? I'd like to hear your opinions on this type of marketing.

I've attended at least 50+ shows over the course of 6 years having worked for two dominant gay businesses. TLA Entertainment and RAD Video both recognized the value of going out into the field, putting a face on their services and building consumer loyalty. Of course there is overhead and that overhead depends on exactly what you want to accomplish at each show. Working out a budget for a show is no harder than decided which keyword to buy next.

There is a second part to this thread that I wanted to mention. Rarely do I see businesses create and foster cell groups around the country to promote themselves. I see independent film studios use this form of marketing all the time. Do you have confindence in a handful of your consumers to be your spokespeople? Would cell organizations work for gay adult businesses that are 95% web based?

I refuse to believe that we as webmasters and marketing gurus are limited to the Googles and MySpaces of the world.

:bunny:

Devin
    I am just trying to break through into this market. I know in the regular adult Doing the Sex shows/webmaster shows the vending end seemed a little slow from people i talked to.

However In such a niched Market i could honestly see some returns going into that market

Dev