Thread: Can't Be Unwed In Missouri

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar

Can't Be Unwed In Missouri

A Missouri couple who must get married, or move, in order to comply with a housing ordinance in Black Jack, Missouri, sued the town on Thursday, claiming rules prohibiting the unmarried couple and their children from living together are unconstitutional.
    The petition, filed in the Circuit Court of St. Louis County, challenges a Black Jack city ordinance that prohibits more than three people from living together in the same house if they are unrelated by blood, marriage or adoption
    Black Jack, a town of about 7,000 that prides itself on a city Web site for its "character and stability," refused to grant the couple and their children an occupancy permit for their home because they do not meet the definition of "family" as set forth by the city, the complaint alleges.

I probably wouldn't be too far out in saying if this law stands, the religious freaks will be out in force trying to pass similar laws elsewhere

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...E-MARRIAGE.xml

So three college sstudents can't rent an house together?

Man... Did John Belushi teach us NOTHING?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Camper than a row of tents
    I don't think this has anything to do with religion. A lot of homeowner associations across the country have a similar rule. It's to prevent homes from being rented out to a half dozen mostly unrelated people who otherwise wouldn't be in the neighborhood.
    I post here to whore this sig.

Gay is the new Black
    It's to keep the pickers out of the neighborhoods of the growers.