Thread: Here's An Interesting Question About Sponsor Programs...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Here's An Interesting Question About Sponsor Programs...

Purely hypothetical right now of course but, lets say that you promote a sponsor since they opened their program and, the program gets sold to another company, would you expect to be told about the sale of the program?

I know a few people had issues when they found out we were no longer involved in Stud Money but that wasnt really a 'sale' more a dissolved partnership but, what if we had decided to sell the program completely, would you want to know about it and why?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Personally, Yes I would expect to be notified. Simply put, I base the decision based on knowing who is in charge and developing a relationship with them. These days its important to know who you are dealing with given all the scams happening out there. So for me I feel I need to know who I am dealing with just as much as I need to know what I am dealing with.

but that is me, in normal business I doubt if it matters very much and in brick n mortar operations rarely do suppliers inform you of a change of ownership.

I think the internet is different in that we can't meet a person face to face, so a lot of relationships are based on the perception of who is in charge, hence why I would like to know.

:coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Purely hypothetical right now of course but, lets say that you promote a sponsor since they opened their program and, the program gets sold to another company, would you expect to be told about the sale of the program?

I know a few people had issues when they found out we were no longer involved in Stud Money but that wasnt really a 'sale' more a dissolved partnership but, what if we had decided to sell the program completely, would you want to know about it and why?

Regards,

Lee
    I agree with you Lee however there are many instances where non disclosure clauses are written into the dissolved partnerships &/or Sales agreements. (usually put in to ensure that business for the buyer or party left with the partnership does not diminish)

Many times breaking that disclosure agreement can lead to a huge pre-agreed financial payment.

Maybe thats the case with your hypothetical question? But overall if people can share the info I feel they should.

dave
    Domain inventory sale.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think that even in cases of a nondisclosure, it's good business for both buyer and seller to craft a joint statement about the change, even if it's framed not as a change of ownership but a management change or something.

When my former business partner Ryan left MRC (before it was Gaybucks), we sent out a letter to our affiliates and business associates. Even though most of the interface with the affiliates and so forth was done by me, we felt it was the right thing to do... and of course it also gave us a chance to introduce AJ and to just put our name and products in front of the affiliates once again.

I really can't see any downside to making an announcement, but if I were an affiliate or key business partner and wasn't told after the sale happened, I'd probably feel as though my relationship wasn't valued enough to keep me in the loop.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Regards,
    Lee
    MHO - the above is no different from: If your bank/credit provider "changed hands", would you want to know about it?

DAMN STRAIGHT! As a matter of fact, I expect (more like demand) to be informed!

What if my only reason for working with a sponsor is because of a certain person, whom is no longer with the company?
    (Yah, th@ person should have informed me, but that is not the question.)
    Also, affiliates decided to work with YOU (you being the sponsor) ... NOT some person or persons that they do not know! What if I have serious issues with the new owners/operators?
    Your not informing me tells me you do not care (so off with you) of things other than yourself. Very Nietzschean!

I do know why companies do not inform others of their decisions ... because they are scared of losing affiliates, and/or do not think their affiliates are important enough to be informed.
    There is no excuse for the insult!

Too many companies, over the years, are guilty of pulling that sort of shady tactic, and those are the type I dump!

Prior to TheDoc (Chris) and Slammer (Rene) leaving us, Large Cash, they posted a notice in our 'news' section of Large Cash, as well (they posted) on the major message boards, AND they contacted their 'list' of webmasters, so to inform as many people of the entire situation (why; what to expect; who will be looking after them; etc.), as well the exact date.

As far as I am concerned, THAT is, more or less, the only way to do it!