Thread: IronClad scum attack

Top Cat

IronClad scum attack

Got a lovely anonymous e-mail today Here's the message:

Are BigMuscle.com and BigMuscleBear.com Closing?

Maybe.

Under the new Adam Walsh Child Protection Act recently signed into law, BigMuscle sites are now in gross violation, and face up to TEN YEARS in Federal Prison for displaying sexually explicit material with proper documentation.

And YOU may be in DANGER!

If you have nude images of yourself on these websites, and the Justice Department approaches the owner for their records, YOUR images will be put into a Federal Database.

But that's not all!

The government will also have your email address, and from there your ISP will provide them with your real name, and address. Annonymous email addresses will not be safe either. When you login to retrieve that mail, your IP address can be tracked to your ISP, who will turn over your name address. Then the government will have your name, address, email address and nude pics of you, all in an easily accessible database.

BE SAFE!

If you have an account on these sites close it immediately, and insure that your images are not available to view by the public!

The only problem is, the e-mail came from the folks at IronClad Media, which runs BearTrapping.com, Leathermensdungeon.com and InTheDungeon.com, competitors to BigMuscle.com and BigMuscleBear.com. Now I know Andy and Bill and I can tell you they are two of the most sincere and ethical guys out there. They have been working to remain in full compliance with the new federal regulations. But instead of just having to deal with the Feds, now they need to deal with low-life competitors who use self-serving fear tactics to try and get business.

Shame, shame shame!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Here's a shining example of the sort of lack of ethics Lee was discussing in the other thread.

As JD Obenberger pointed out, it's virtually impossible for ANYONE to be in 100% compliance with 2257, because there are a half dozen inherently contradictory requirements within the language of the bill. As they say about people living in glass houses...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Here's a shining example of the sort of lack of ethics Lee was discussing in the other thread.

As JD Obenberger pointed out, it's virtually impossible for ANYONE to be in 100% compliance with 2257, because there are a half dozen inherently contradictory requirements within the language of the bill. As they say about people living in glass houses...
    Agreed, the mear fact that they decided to email that out to god knows how many people, i beleive would be a very strong basis for legal action also.

It seems that as the industry matures, we are finding out more and more about those companies we should and shouldnt be doing business with because of their lack of ethics, morals or total disregard for the law / other webmasters

Regards,

Lee

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It seems that as the industry matures, we are finding out more and more about those companies we should and shouldnt be doing business with because of their lack of ethics, morals or total disregard for the law / other webmasters

Regards,

Lee
    I figure it will clean out some of the scum.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120 View Post
    I figure it will clean out some of the scum.
    We can certainly hope so

Regards,

Lee

Dart
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Got a lovely anonymous e-mail today Here's the message:

Are BigMuscle.com and BigMuscleBear.com Closing?

Maybe.

Under the new Adam Walsh Child Protection Act recently signed into law, BigMuscle sites are now in gross violation, and face up to TEN YEARS in Federal Prison for displaying sexually explicit material with proper documentation.

And YOU may be in DANGER!

If you have nude images of yourself on these websites, and the Justice Department approaches the owner for their records, YOUR images will be put into a Federal Database.

But that's not all!

The government will also have your email address, and from there your ISP will provide them with your real name, and address. Annonymous email addresses will not be safe either. When you login to retrieve that mail, your IP address can be tracked to your ISP, who will turn over your name address. Then the government will have your name, address, email address and nude pics of you, all in an easily accessible database.

BE SAFE!

If you have an account on these sites close it immediately, and insure that your images are not available to view by the public!

The only problem is, the e-mail came from the folks at IronClad Media, which runs BearTrapping.com, Leathermensdungeon.com and InTheDungeon.com, competitors to BigMuscle.com and BigMuscleBear.com. Now I know Andy and Bill and I can tell you they are two of the most sincere and ethical guys out there. They have been working to remain in full compliance with the new federal regulations. But instead of just having to deal with the Feds, now they need to deal with low-life competitors who use self-serving fear tactics to try and get business.

Shame, shame shame!
    That sucks Andy.

But thanks for the heads-up. . .we'll be steering clear of that company.

Thanks for what you do for us at BearBound BTW

Dart