Thread: how honest are review sites?

how honest are review sites?

well, damn! after writing for many, many review sites who only post honest reviews, i had a weird one today.

i am reviewing a toon site that shall remain nameless. it really doesn't deliver on its tour promises and doesn't even offer toon video plugins like houseofmorecock. so i finish my review and out of curiosity i look up reviews of this site on other review sites and what do i see?

every review i found of this site refers to the thousands of pics in the site, some describing them as beautifully drawn. i must have missed that part - amazing since i clicked on literally every link in the site including the store and the support page. i found a smallish collection of anime pics that were typical of anime - not bad but there aren't many.

some reviewers referred to the toon movies - even more incredible since there are none. i mean not one. not from plugins nor hosted on their server.

so what do you think? do review sites do this on purpose to make money or are reviewers just being lazy and not doing their jobs? i know that they are costing the trust of surfers and harming our industry even more by recommending sites that don't offer what they promise on the tours

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know, a lot of the time, review sites i see actually 'arent' they are marketing tools for the person who owns the site.

That in itself is going to cause a major problem in the industry for those companies that do run 'actual' review sites in much the same way the growth of TGPs has affected TGP owners over the past 3-4 years.

Eventually, as i have stated before, review sites are going to become worthless with the exception of 1 or 2 which will continue to offer honest reviews.

I seem to recall posting a thread a few months ago about how the sudden influx of review sites is going to have a negative effect on other review site owners yet, at that time, i was laughed at.

Nice to see that negative effect is slowly starting to build momentum

Regards,

Lee