• 70-75

0 0%
  • NEVER

13 43.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Age You Plan to Retire?

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by hdkbill View Post
    I guess some folk love retirement, I hated it. Sold my business (actually two of them) when I was 42. Retired to Palm Springs (the American Dream?)....got so bored after a few months couldn't stand it. Started another business which proved to be very successful and then sold it....retired again. Got bored again. Started HDK in 1998 at the age of 50 and have been doing it ever since.

The only reason that I could see stopping what I'm do now would be due to all the government interference....2257, etc. I suspect that if I did sell HDK and the other related websites, I would just end up doing something else. Retirement just isn't for me. I have to have a reason to get up everyday. Getting up to go lay be the pool until it's time for "happy hour" just isn't my kind of lifestyle. And, you can only travel so much....been there, done that, many times.

For you, it might be just fine. But, as for me, I hope they find me dead at the keyboard when the time comes.

Bill

Not sure I could ever sell my sites man, that thought is really something I could not stomach after all this work, but would like to take a backseat when I can. I would just like to set out the direction I would like to go next and have others do the leg work. Do not really know for sure how viable this dream is, but it is my dream to beadle to step back and get some time off someday. Maybe work like 20-30 hours a month or something for like 3 years or so at least hen I guess I will have to see what I think then.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar

jim

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    I am dreaming to retire about 50.
    But more realistic will be something about 60-65.
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com

Togm
    55 if everything stays on track

JohnV
    It appears many of us are very realistic actually. You never know what kind of financial success you might have in the coming years, best wishes to all of us and hoping we can continue to work toward our goals and ultimately achieve them!!! As for me, It would be realistic to say that unless I quit spending like I do, it might be 60 or so for me before I have a comfy amount placed in IRA's and other investments that would enable me to live a good retired life. I'm shooting for 50 - 55 tho :sunny:

Paco
    You’ll know I’ve retired once you've heard the CREAK of the lid; you've smelled gas and can hear something that sounds like flames.

Never!

My lifestyle will not allow me to retire. I am constantly acquiring the tools of my passion (outdoorsy 'stuff') & heading off to some location to get back to enjoying life.

Work is second to all others!
    I'd rather _______ (fill in the blank) than go to work!

I will be the guy that you see while you're driving, the Hummer you rent, through the hamlets of The Yukon, Alaska, Northern Alberta and Northern British Columbia, working in a coffee house, &/or grocery store, &/or gas station, &/or lumber yard et cetera et cetera.

Unlike many of you, I am here (in the industry) because of the freedom, which I quite often enjoy. It's not the money!

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    I've been pleasantly retired for the past 6 years and planning a late life career!

JohnV
    Paco,

I love your thinking. I actually had a vision of hiking a mountain or kayaking reading your post....and here I am in an office right now.... DAMN! I guess thats what my weekends are for ;-)

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnV View Post
    Paco,
    I love your thinking.
    I actually had a vision of hiking a mountain or kayaking reading your post....and here I am in an office right now.... DAMN! I guess thats what my weekends are for ;-)
    JohnV, thank you, kindly. IT (everything to do with the gr8 outdoors) is the most addicting thing I've ever been into, and as the pages on a calendar turn, I am continually amazed at how much more of it I want - I once believe that this would be another one of the passing phases in my life. Instead, it is all the others (phases) that are getting passed over.

I spent the majority of yesterday's evening playing with my skis, getting them ready for tonight/this weekend - my first ski trip of this, '06-'70, season.
    Bags are packed.
    Car is loaded.

Why, if it were not for all the loverly folks here, @ GWW, I'd have most likely gnawed through my elbows (they are the chains th@ bind me to this ball, known as a "computer"), so to help me escape this place sooner.

Even if it is just a weekend, it is what makes me smile!

:luke: :broccoli: :turddance: :donmike: :cheekymonkey: :cheerleader: :bananacock:

I often wish I would allocate some time to my placing some pictures of my adventures online, so to share them with the ones I love (such as the folks here), also to allow others to live vicariously through me.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by A_DeAngelo View Post
    I've been pleasantly retired for the past 6 years and planning a late life career!
    and may I say that for a retiree you look marvelous!

JohnV
    jeeeeesh, I did not even realize the ski season was nearing, even for Alberta...this is truly very early ski season eh? I miss the mountains most....I used to hike almost everyday back in Vegas (most peeps don't realize that the area there is amazing for hiking and kayaking, etc), plus a great "jump" point to get everywhere out west in only a matter of hours. Have fun this weekend Paco!!!

Paco
    Thanks, again, JohnV.

I'll be earning my turns on Columbia IceFields. Although there has been some snow fall in the mountains (higher elevations), the season is still somewhat a ways away. Heck, one week is WAY away!
    *wiping tears*

Yes, the Sierras are great. I tried to convince my boss, during one of the shows, that he should let take some webmasters to the hills, so I can show them how to make some sexy telemark turns.

:haha: is how th@ went!

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    and may I say that for a retiree you look marvelous!
    thanks baby, Cam and I do work it - Paco!

You know, it ain't easy but its fun growing older - and hey, nothin' wrong with it either - except loosing my once wonderful muscle-bubble butt!

in all seriousness (yeah right) sex does get better with age and there sure is a lot more time for it

bad thing is...I tend to ramble on and on and on and on...

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by A_DeAngelo View Post
    thanks baby, Cam and I do work it - Paco!
    You know, it ain't easy but its fun growing older - and hey, nothin' wrong with it either - except loosing my once wonderful muscle-bubble butt!
    in all seriousness (yeah right) sex does get better with age and there sure is a lot more time for it
    bad thing is...I tend to ramble on and on and on and on...
    You are more than welcome, Anthony!

Growing older, and being older are so different. I grow older as each minute passes, and with each (minute) I become more youthful. And for some strange reason, I believe you and Cam are of the same mind-set.

As for the muscular bubble-butt ... THAT is what I am referring to when I speak of my olive lumps! Telemarking (Nordic style skiing) has to be the best defence for them olives, that I've come across, and I am not sure 'age' is a strong enough weapon against!
    A typical day of skiing contains of 1000's (no joke) of the following: left-side lunge forward and down, rise up, right lunge forward and down, rise up (that's one "rep" or set of turns), while sporting a backpack crammed full (4-liters of water, food, clothes, avalanche probe, beacon and shovel etc).

But again, I believe you and Cam know what I'm rambling on about - I am sure you've done your fair share of lunges, in the gym, with weights.

Oh ... seems I too tend to Ramble on.

yes we lunge on a regular basis and donkey kick and buck and a .... but a spirited volley on the tennis court can kill you (if not already dead) - I think that's what I miss most about San Francisco - the hills are great for the glutes, thighs and oh baby, those calves!