Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Childhood Toys

Sana Chan

Childhood Toys

Ok, I only post this because today, as I stocked the Toy Dept. at the shithoel I work, I found that we are carrying Teddy Ruxpin again! Little brown bear where you put little cartridges in his back and he'll tell you a story.

I loved this toy!! I never got one but I sure used the hell out of my friend's.

So anyone else have a favorite childhood toy that we'd all remember?

I have my He-man action figures as well as my Ninja Turtles. I still own a Popple and all the McDonald's Pound Puppie Collection. I think I still have about 4 or 5 Care Bears floating around too. And of course my nekkid Rainbow Brite since I lost her clothes years ago. I'm such a girl.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know, i was talking to Dad about this a week or two back and found out that i still have around 100 Star Wars figures and spaceships from when they first came out in the 80's stuck in Dads attic LOL

I used to love those things and would play with them all day long from what i recall haha

Regards,

Lee

Gay is the new Black
    GPK cards!
    Be Who You Are!

Madame0120
    LOL! Teddy Rupskin!

I'm so fucking OLD.

Shall I tell you about my Shirley Temple doll?

Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120 View Post
    Shall I tell you about my Shirley Temple doll?
    You have a doll based on a famous cocktail?

Regards,

Lee

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You have a doll based on a famous cocktail?

Regards,

Lee
    BITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120 View Post
    BITCH!

You know it

Regards,

Lee

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    GPK cards!
    Heh, I have every card from Series 1-13 around here somewhere. Grandmother used to work at Topps. That was a plus.

I still have my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Nintendo 64 in the basement. And most of the games that I owned for them.

I've purged most childhood toys, but I've snagged myself up Thudercats on DVD. I had most of those action figures and He-Man figures at one point.

Ahh, the 80's.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I wonder if anyone here has (or had) one of the rare "anatomically correct" Ken dolls that were only sold in Europe? The ones in the US came with permanently attached blue boxer shorts.

Goldie
    Now this is a topic I can relate to. I still have a ton of my old toys. Most are still in the attic at my parents house, but some I have taken to my own home.

I have the entire first series (and many beyond) of Garbage Pail Kids... I have thought about putting them up on e-Bay. I even have ONE wrapper from series one which can net a few bucks alone I've been told.

The three toy series I collected the most were Star Wars, Transformers, and G.I. Joe. Unfortunately, I actually opened and played with them, so they aren't worth that much. But I have some of the original Star Wars figures from the 1970s and the 1st wave of Transformers from the 80s, when they were made of metal and not plastic. It is just hard to part with them.

My boyfriend got me to watch a show called "Cash in the Attic" where they take people's old junk and sell it at an auction to raise money for some home improvement project... The show has got me wondering if I should finally part with my old toys, or if money will never tear them away from me!

my childhood is longer ago than a lot of people's here. my favorite present i ever got was a ventriliquist dummy when i was 9. i had wanted it for so long and i wanted it SO much. and i loved breyer's horse statues - they still make some of the ones i had today

http://www.breyerhorses.com/products...ne=traditional

i had to replace my original nintendo and i was lucky enough to buy one just before they stopped selling them.

we love toys around here, though. we're always finding new ones

Do You Like My Vajeen Kewlaidkiddd's Avatar
    He he.. Check my Avatar... Need I say more?

I'm still all about the Transformers... 20 years going strong. Have a pretty sweet collection of them at the house too.
    Chris Baker
    Gay Content Representative
    AEBN
    AIM: RavestormEKG
    1-800-628-0241 ext 187
    chrisb@aebn.net

Sana Chan
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    my childhood is longer ago than a lot of people's here. my favorite present i ever got was a ventriliquist dummy when i was 9. i had wanted it for so long and i wanted it SO much. and i loved breyer's horse statues - they still make some of the ones i had today

http://www.breyerhorses.com/products...ne=traditional

i had to replace my original nintendo and i was lucky enough to buy one just before they stopped selling them.

we love toys around here, though. we're always finding new ones
    I sell the cheap plastic Breyer's horses. But they are still pretty. I enjoyed the Mustang Collection with that "Spirit" movie came out.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMaleVideos View Post
    Heh, I have every card from Series 1-13 around here somewhere. Grandmother used to work at Topps. That was a plus.

I still have my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Nintendo 64 in the basement. And most of the games that I owned for them.

I've purged most childhood toys, but I've snagged myself up Thudercats on DVD. I had most of those action figures and He-Man figures at one point.

Ahh, the 80's.

I have a Xbox, Game Cube, PS1 and PS2, and really want the PS3 but not sure I would call that toys, I do get new games for them all the time. :cheekymonkey:

Stickle Bricks

But looking at this picture, they got all 'high tech' and 'shapey'...LOL

Yes this was the step before you moved on to eating Lego!

We never had ones in the shape of bears!

Bring back any memories Lee?

Dave out
    Domain inventory sale.