Thread: Looking for a WMV video cutting program

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.

Looking for a WMV video cutting program

I tried avi / mpeg /wmv splitter from boilsoft, but I don't like how long it takes to cut them since you have to first write down all of the scene times and cut them one by one.

Is there another cutting program that can batch or at least let you navigate the movie easier to find the end of a scene in which to cut? Any program suggestions would be welcome, thanks

I use vegas video, it doesn't batch but I just find it extremely easy.

cheers,
    Luke

you can pull the slider through the movie in boilsoft to any point you wish. it takes seconds and is very easy.

spazlabz
    I use a program called VideoCharge works like a charm, nice clean cuts and could do a lot more then just batch cut WMVs
    http://www.videocharge.com/ straight link to site (no affiliate ID)
    check out all the features and I think you'll find it can do what you need and more

spaz

As you scroll left and right with boilsoft you don't get 'live playback' you have to hit play and hope you are at the end of the scene, click up, click play, etc etc.... it takes way longer than it should. (in my experience)

Videocharge is good for converting dvd to wmv, but cutting wmv's it throws the sound off by 2 seconds!! it totally messes it up for me, and cutting the segments is a hassle too, cause the timelines are hard to set apart from one another, and 1/2 the time the program crashes when you 'run' it.

argh

spazlabz
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    As you scroll left and right with boilsoft you don't get 'live playback' you have to hit play and hope you are at the end of the scene, click up, click play, etc etc.... it takes way longer than it should. (in my experience)

Videocharge is good for converting dvd to wmv, but cutting wmv's it throws the sound off by 2 seconds!! it totally messes it up for me, and cutting the segments is a hassle too, cause the timelines are hard to set apart from one another, and 1/2 the time the program crashes when you 'run' it.

argh
    Wow, I never had those problems with VideoCharge. If I had I would be contacting the company and seeing if they had any patches planned for it.

spaz

Nad
    doesn't XP come with a program that allows you to cut it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nad View Post
    not that I know of

Nad
    my bad.. i was thinking of Windows Movie Maker in the accessories tab...

sorry

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nad View Post
    yes, it's windows movie maker and you can do this with it. But this program isn't very handy.
    We use Adobe Premiere Pro. I also edited wmv files with it.
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com