Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GlobalMalePass 18 USC 2257 Compliance Kit

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar

I Wonder? GlobalMalePass 18 USC 2257 Compliance Kit

Introducing Amateurs Do It - Your Next Big Seller in 2015 - AmateursDoIt.com
    WOW Media Cash affiliate program for AmateursDoIt.com & WankOffWorld.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Well, for one thing, their agreement talks about metatags and keywords, but doesn't address the provisions of 4472 that specifically require that keywords and metatags can't be deceptive such that they might accidentally attract children (such as the use of the word "toys" for example)

For another, they are asking for copies of model releases, as do a lot of people that are classed as secondary producers under 2257.

I've never understood this. NOWHERE in 2257 does it say a word about model releases. The only things required are identification documents, model's former name(s) and stage name(s) if the producer is reasonably aware of them, and production date of the shoot. Furthermore, a strict reading of 2257 indicates that it's actually an offense publishable by jail time to store 2257 docs next to non-2257 docs. So keeping releases in the same file cabinet or folder as you keep your 2257 info could be a huge problem.

Everyone is running around so confused, and some attorneys are giving terrible, obviously wrong advice (such as advising webmasters that a UPS Store or Shipping Depot is an acceptable 2257 address) which, for whatever reason, webmasters aren't questioning.

What a mess.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar
    NOWHERE in 2257 does it say a word about model releases. The only things required are identification documents, model's former name(s) and stage name(s) if the producer is reasonably aware of them, and production date of the shoot.

I always thought that the term model realeases and 2257 docs are synonyms.

If 2257 docs cover model's identification documents (passport or driver's licence), model's former name, stage name(s), production date of the shoot, then what is "model releases"?

a model release is the document the model signs giving you the legal right or ownership to use the pics or videos of them. a model release has nothing to do with 2257 in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

If 2257 docs cover model's identification documents (passport or driver's licence), model's former name, stage name(s), production date of the shoot, then what is "model releases"?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

A model release, is what the model signs authorizing you to distribute their likeness.

The 2257 docs are the ID that the model provides which proves their age.

Regards,

Lee

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar
    Ah ok, I see.

It usually comes in the same package as 2257 docs when you buy content. I wonder why would it be a problem to keep model releases in the same folder as 2257 docs, though? The 2257 docs prove the model was over 18 at the time of photography, while model releases show that he gave his/her consent and wasn't coerced to be photographed.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I wonder why would it be a problem to keep model releases in the same folder as 2257 docs, though? The 2257 docs prove the model was over 18 at the time of photography, while model releases show that he gave his/her consent and wasn't coerced to be photographed.
    Actually the big fallacy of 2257 is there is NOTHING WHATSOEVER in the language of 2257 that requires any proof of when the scene was shot. You do have to provide a production date, but there is no means in 2257 to verify the production date you're indicating is the actual date the scenes were shot. That's one of the most disheartening things about the regulations; they can't even fulfill their intended purpose.

The reason it's a problem to keep model releases in the same folder as ID verification docs is that 2257 specifically states that 2257 records MUST be kept completely separate from all other business records or information about the models. According to many attorneys in the field, it is a 5 year prison sentence to violate that part of the regulations.

Dzinerbear
    So are they requiring 2257 docs for every gallery ever submitted to them?

Funny thing is that on their homepage they say this at the bottom: "THIS SITE IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAWS REQUIRED BY 18 U.S.C.
    § 2257 AND 75 C.F.R. § 75 ."

But the law clearly stated that you had to say this:

"18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement"

Unless that was amended.

Would seem a shame to get dinged on a technicality when you're collecting records for 80,000 galleries.

Michael

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    I believe they are asking for that Michael if you want listing etc.
    But we have discovered its only for webmasters who are using their free hosting.

Dzinerbear
    Geez ... funny how omitting a key phrase from an e-mail can cause so much speculation. "This only applies to wm's using our free hosting" would have stopped so much talk.

Michael

I stand corrected ! this am they emailed saying something totally different ! Ive reasked for confirmation.

How long have you been gay?

A UK problem

Those of us that are webmasters in the UK will not be allowed to pass on the details of a model as we have a thing called the Data Protection Act which prohibits personal data being shunted around, so all we can do is to confirm we hold them unless they are specifically requested by a government body - and a European government body at that.

Has anyone else had a few problems with GMP contacting and paying them?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    The reason it's a problem to keep model releases in the same folder as ID verification docs is that 2257 specifically states that 2257 records MUST be kept completely separate from all other business records or information about the models. According to many attorneys in the field, it is a 5 year prison sentence to violate that part of the regulations.
    Chip - are you using FSC forms, or a self-made model release form?

Maybe I'm just confused by your statement because what info might you have the model give you on the release that isn't already on the ID (name, address, DOB)?

People are always saying 'what not to do', but also not providing a link to a blank form

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    The current FSC form does not include model's address. But when you attach the ID, the address would be there.

http://www.freespeechcoalition.com/w...ectionForm.pdf

What is the balance?

SebSloPro
    Who uses Global Male pass anymore? They aren't that successful anymore. We used them for a long time all was great at the begining. Personally, Global Male Pass sucks!