Thread: Sponsor Downtime.. Your Thoughts?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Sponsor Downtime.. Your Thoughts?

Was just curious to see what everyone thought the level of 'acceptable' downtime was when it came to sponsors paysites?

I realize (as im sure you do) there are times when sponsors have no control over their servers going offline or whatever but, at what point do you consider downtime to be a problem to your businesses and, at what point do you drop a sponsor for downtime?

For me, anything over 24 hours and i have to say, id be dropping the sponsor, at least on a temporary basis until they resolved their hosting issues.

What are your thoughts, should sponsors try to ensure their sites are continually online even during maintenance etc?

Regards,

Lee

every site has a bit of downtime, but when it hits several hours they really should get an email out to all their affiliates explaining what went wrong and when it will be back online.

Of course, when it hits 4 or 5 days of being offline due to a "failed member area upgrade" you start to get suss and ask why they didn't build and test the member area beforehand.

cheers,
    Luke

I agree. 24 hours and they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    every site has a bit of downtime, but when it hits several hours they really should get an email out to all their affiliates explaining what went wrong and when it will be back online.

Of course, when it hits 4 or 5 days of being offline due to a "failed member area upgrade" you start to get suss and ask why they didn't build and test the member area beforehand.

cheers,
    Luke

Good point
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Paco
    Agreed - we all suffer "downtime".
    However, if I notice that a link is "dead" (leading to a "down" site), for more than a few hours, I will replace it (the link), temporarily - once they're back, up and running, I will allow them to return.

If more than 24-hours, with being notified, they are usually removed, for good.