Thread: Does Anyone Else Leave Their Packing Until The Last Minute?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Does Anyone Else Leave Their Packing Until The Last Minute?

I really hate packing suitcases and, im pretty sure thats the reason i usually end up leaving them until the absolute last minute possible.

Anyone else hate packing luggage?

Regards,

Lee

I'm with ya. I'm leaving for Miami on Tuesday morning and I won't start packing until late Monday night. Then I'll stay up half the night worrying about what I'm forgetting, and ending up having 2 hours of sleep :-(

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I spent 5+ years in the touring entertainment industry, as business manager and tour manager for bunch of different musicians. Most anyone who's done that for any length of time learns how to pack for 6 weeks away in about ~15 minutes, and how to pack efficiently. It still comes in useful when I'm working on something right up till the time we leave for the airport, which seems to happen a little too often still.

BentGirl
    I hate unpacking more than I hate packing.

I went away for a week, been back for a week and all my gear is still sitting on the lounge waiting to be unpacked. At least I moved it out of the car.

I leave it till the last minute and have a habit of underpacking, but my partner overpacks so it all evens out in the end.

cheers,
    Luke

sexyd
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    I spent 5+ years in the touring entertainment industry, as business manager and tour manager for bunch of different musicians. Most anyone who's done that for any length of time learns how to pack for 6 weeks away in about ~15 minutes, and how to pack efficiently. It still comes in useful when I'm working on something right up till the time we leave for the airport, which seems to happen a little too often still.
    I always feel like I underpack - so maybe you could tell me what one needs for 6 weeks away

JohnV
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyd View Post
    I always feel like I underpack - so maybe you could tell me what one needs for 6 weeks away
    Same here, always feel like I underpacked, then get whereever and use about 1/2 of the stuff I brought with me....LOL. I leave my packing till the day of the trip or night before then spend an hour or so getting everything packed into the smallest bag I can use...NICE PACKING.

Paco
    Nope - I like to take it easy the day I am heading out, and packing at the last minute adds unneccessary stress &/or frustrations.

Why, even as I type, my bags (they are actually large, plastic, Rubbermaid tote bins) are packed and ready for me to head for the hills - already packed for the upcoming ski season!

Did I ever tell you fine folk that I have a "thing" for organizing?
    Wanna to see it?

WegCash Robert

Packing

I usually don't pack until the morning I am leaving . I am really bad!!

uh huh exactly what I thought vs eddie's Avatar

Wink

I usually have all my clothes hanging ready to put in my suitcase the night before. I HATE unpacking, it usually takes me a full week to get all my shit unpacked.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyd View Post
    Well, as I once told Patti, I totally did NOT get the gay fashion gene, so my needs might be considerably, um, less than most people.

6 weeks away really isn't any different than a week away... maybe 10 combinations of things that work together, depending on how dressy you need to be. Touring, I could get away with wearing ratty shorts and a T-shirt into the Marriott Grand Marquis because I was considered a "band person" and it was "band chic", so I could fit all my 6 weeks wardrobe into one big suitcase. If it were a business trip requiring me to look "real", I'd prolly have to have the bigassed suitcase and a suit bag.