Thread: help support Immigration Equality

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar

help support Immigration Equality

Hi everyone

If you are gay, and even if you aren't everyone should support the Immigration equality org.

Everyone here knows that I have been in a no win war with the US State department to get my lover back into the USA. Well there is a bill that would make it very easy! The Uniting American Families Act ("UAFA" and formerly the Permanent Partners Immigration Act or "PPIA")

http://www.immigrationequality.org/t...php?pageid=152

Write your congressman and senator. I just did and also gave money to.
    Thanks
    Roy

Takemytaco
    Thanks Roy for posting this.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    Binational same-sex partnerships are comprised of lesbian and gay couples where one partner is a US citizen or permanent resident, and the other is a foreign national. The 2000 US Census estimated that almost 40,000 such couples, or over 70,000 people, lived together in the United States.
    Their relationships have no recognition in federal law.
    The estimated 40,000 Binational same sex couples in the 2000 US census do not include couples who avoid the census out of fear. They do not count couples who are forced to live apart, in different countries.

Togm
    good idea. some are still more equal than others,

Quote Originally Posted by Togm View Post
    good idea. some are still more equal than others,
    yes the people that have more money and can move to anther country, sorry to say I can't right now.

I'm so pissed at my government!