Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I pay NAT’s?

maxpower

Should I pay NAT’s?

I know many webmaster swear by NATS, but should I really pay them all that money “20,000$”? I do fully understand that a good tracking program is a must for a affiliate program, but all this money just does not feel right to me. My gut tells me that NAT’s will be worthless in 2 years or less, well not worthless of course but my gut tells me that a cheaper and better option will be available and they will just be a memory that many will regret paying all that for. What are your thoughts on this, in a year or 2 are we going to be splitting hairs between NAT’s and other opinions that cost 1/20th as much? :crybaby:

Good question

Does NATs allow you to make payments?

I've not purchased NATs and at that price, with one lump sum, I'd have to know I was getting a kick ass, instant return in profits to justify it
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Good question

Does NATs allow you to make payments?

I've not purchased NATs and at that price, with one lump sum, I'd have to know I was getting a kick ass, instant return in profits to justify it
    I don’t know if NAT’s really helps much with affiliate payments I know Ccbill takes care of that, but I am sure they offer it. I do know that Click Man will let you handle all your payments to affiliates as well as the tracking of clicks and sales, at less than 1/20th the amount, but I think for hosted galleries you have to have NAT’s right now but I might be totally wrong about that. If I am not right about the hosted gallery thing its going to be VERY hard for me to even justify paying them even today much less in a year or 2 from now.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Once again, Max, you completely don't get it.

First off, spending $20,000 on outright purchase of NATS doesn't make sense for you. If you can't afford 2 hours of Chad's time to help ensure you don't go to jail, you certainly can't afford $20,000 for NATS. Fortunately, you don't have to. You can get the monthly plan which starts at $150/month and grows as your membership increases.

Secondly, NATS offers affiliate tracking and payment that is light years beyond what CCBill offers. It supports many other billers, so you can pay your affiliates regardless of which processor clears the payment. It is more detailed, with more features and flexibility than anything else out there. And, it's an industry standard tool that everyone knows and recognizes. I wouldn't worry about a competitor coming in and bottoming out the market; NATS and MPA compete aggressively and they've both kept their prices high, and the only other serious competitior, ExecutiveStats, is similarly priced. These are incredibly complex software suites with limited markets, so the price is never going to be inexpensive.

Third, what you're paying for NATS is, in part, for a well-known third-party affiliate tracking solution that your affiliates can feel confident about. If you use some janky off brand affiliate program, your affiliates will have no way of knowing you aren't ripping them off, and so a lot of affiliates simply won't send traffic to you.

So geez, maybe I should be recommending you get the shadiest, jankiest off brand tracking program so you won't be taking good traffic away from all the legitimate sponsor programs that deserve it

maxpower
    OK Angry Dad, now I do appreciate your longwinded response all be it hostile as usual, but you just added NATS so it might be a good idea to clime down from that high horse. Really man if anyone in the world is worse at public relations its you man, I just hope you can see what it makes you look like to other people. .

I do like some other programs like click man, I also know some much bigger sites than yours that use it so maybe you should e-mail them about it to see what they tell you. My real question behind this has to do with hosted galleries, not a few webmasters with foil hats. I use a trusted processor Ccbill and would never shave sales, I am sure a few people are always going to think they are getting fucked but I am not going to pay a extra 19,000$ for that.

If I can use hosted galleries with cheaper options that give me about the same thing I think that’s the best way to go now. I do want to improve the stats I can give to affiliates as well as the types of marketing options I give them, but I am not going to go way overboard on all this for no real need.

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Once again, Max, you completely don't get it.

First off, spending $20,000 on outright purchase of NATS doesn't make sense for you. If you can't afford 2 hours of Chad's time to help ensure you don't go to jail, you certainly can't afford $20,000 for NATS. Fortunately, you don't have to. You can get the monthly plan which starts at $150/month and grows as your membership increases.

Secondly, NATS offers affiliate tracking and payment that is light years beyond what CCBill offers. It supports many other billers, so you can pay your affiliates regardless of which processor clears the payment. It is more detailed, with more features and flexibility than anything else out there. And, it's an industry standard tool that everyone knows and recognizes. I wouldn't worry about a competitor coming in and bottoming out the market; NATS and MPA compete aggressively and they've both kept their prices high, and the only other serious competitior, ExecutiveStats, is similarly priced. These are incredibly complex software suites with limited markets, so the price is never going to be inexpensive.

Third, what you're paying for NATS is, in part, for a well-known third-party affiliate tracking solution that your affiliates can feel confident about. If you use some janky off brand affiliate program, your affiliates will have no way of knowing you aren't ripping them off, and so a lot of affiliates simply won't send traffic to you.

So geez, maybe I should be recommending you get the shadiest, jankiest off brand tracking program so you won't be taking good traffic away from all the legitimate sponsor programs that deserve it

maxpower
    I know by saying I don’t know something it will open me up to attack from some, but I am going to do it anyway.

Anyone know if I can use Ccbill’s affiliate program for hosted galleries or another option I could use?

Anyone know if I can offer multiple site memberships to members with Ccbill or another option I could use “hopefully the same option that fixes the above problem too”

Those are my 2 biggest concerns right now, well I do care about click tracking but that’s easy :juggle:

JustBryce
    It's not 20,000.00. It's not 19,000.00. It's leased starting at $150 per month which I'm quite confident will be the most you will have to pay for years to come.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBryce View Post
    It's leased starting at $150 per month which I'm quite confident will be the most you will have to pay for years to come.

==Giggle==

Sad thing is, he won't even get that he's just been insulted.

---------------

Max, I know the answers to your latest round of questions, as does Patti, Gaystoryman, XStr8Guy and 3/4 of the other people on here. Just that with your attitide you're doing an amazing job of alienating everyone who might be trying to help you and keep them from answering you.

Oh, and -- showing your brilliance once again, you CAN'T shave when you're using CCBill affiliate programs, because you aren't even paying the affiliates, CCBill is... that's why so many people like it... so professing your honesty is rather pointless.

As for my PR, I think it speaks for itself, as does yours.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBryce View Post
    It's not 20,000.00. It's not 19,000.00. It's leased starting at $150 per month which I'm quite confident will be the most you will have to pay for years to come.
    Well man I am trying to avoid a never ending monthly charge to fix a few problems I have, or a 1500$ start up charge. The 150$ only covers 300 joins a month, I am pretty sure that counts rebills, hell I am about their already with out this affiliate program so sure with-in 6 months I would be paying the 350$ a month. If you want to break that down its, 22,500$ in 5 years with out much to show for it other than paying for another 5 years after that, and hell that is if in 5 years I can only get 700 active members/sales a month, any more than that and it will cost me 39,000 the next 5 years so just paying the out right price is about the best option.

Now unless you know the answers to my questions please keep some things to yourself. I am more interested in hosted gallery options and multiply site access right now, and a flat payment for this if I even need it is what I would really like right now. I am sure in the future I might get something more like NATS “if they are the best value for my money at that time” but until I have like 700+ transactions a month its really not worth messing with to me.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    ==Giggle==

Sad thing is, he won't even get that he's just been insulted.

---------------

Max, I know the answers to your latest round of questions, as does Patti, Gaystoryman, XStr8Guy and 3/4 of the other people on here. Just that with your attitide you're doing an amazing job of alienating everyone who might be trying to help you and keep them from answering you.

Oh, and -- showing your brilliance once again, you CAN'T shave when you're using CCBill affiliate programs, because you aren't even paying the affiliates, CCBill is... that's why so many people like it... so professing your honesty is rather pointless.

As for my PR, I think it speaks for itself, as does yours.

Look man please don’t talk to me its a waste of my time to mess with you, just go bitch at your dog or what ever you have. I am reasonably sure I will get the answer to this question ether in PM or more likely in open chat, has only been up less than a hour and no ones around right now.

I take it back you PR skills are some of the best I have ever seen, I am sure many people would love to deal with you.

max, most people do love to deal with gaybucks. nice people - extremely nice. their issues with you are pretty much unique. hopefully if you let it go and lighten up, in time the issues can disappear.

in any event, sent you a pm about NATS vs ccbill. hope it helps!

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    max, most people do love to deal with gaybucks. nice people - extremely nice. their issues with you are pretty much unique. hopefully if you let it go and lighten up, in time the issues can disappear.

in any event, sent you a pm about NATS vs ccbill. hope it helps!
    Thax Bass, but just read this thread please, I do try to be nice was having a discussion and this guy “as usual started being a dick head” I am not the one acting like this, I am nice to anyone that is nice to me, even after all this crap at times I am still nice to this guy. And even when I am not super nice its never like this crap, I will just let the conversation stand for itself

But Thax again

er... my pm is not about gaybucks or this thread. it's about nats and ccbill.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Thax Bass, but just read this thread please, I do try to be nice was having a discussion and this guy “as usual started being a dick head” I am not the one acting like this, I am nice to anyone that is nice to me, even after all this crap at times I am still nice to this guy. And even when I am not super nice its never like this crap, I will just let the conversation stand for itself

But Thax again

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    er... my pm is not about gaybucks or this thread. it's about nats and ccbill.
    I know Bass and it was very helpful, I am just waiting for my Visa approval right now so have not had a chance to play with Ccbill yet. Just sounded like you where saying, well never mind its cool I really don’t care I know how things are.

Camper than a row of tents
    Stick with CCBill tracking and spend the $20k on a PR expert.
    I post here to whore this sig.