Thread: Minimum Members Area Requirements These Days?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Minimum Members Area Requirements These Days?

So i was chatting with someone earlier about a new idea i have had for a few sites and the subject of content in the members area came up, actually, to be fair, that was pretty much what we ended up discussing in depth LOL

I was wondering, given all the different types of sites (styles and themes) we have in the industry these days, do you think certain types of sites need to launch with a certain amount of content as a bare minimum?

For example, reality sites, movie sites, cookie cutter sites, solo model sites, how much content do you think each of those types of sites should launch with at least in terms of both images and movies, exclusive and non-exclusive?

Also, what are your thoughts on update schedules for each type of site, daily, weekly, monthly or never?

How would you pair up minimim content levels on each type of site with update frequency?

Regards,

Lee

Doctor Dre
    I say 12 scenes + feeder content for a reality site is prolly the minimum. You also have to give the affiliates enough content to work it.

The ideal would probably be 20 + scenes...

Sites that have daily updates (it's harder for reality sites) definitly rebill better on the revshare programs I'm using.

i've seen many sites launch with 8 - 10 episodes total and most update once a week.

i think the big thing here is that cookie cutter sites in largish programs try to overwhelm the members with bonus sites in the network, and if there are enough of them, that can work. a lone site with 8 - 12 episodes probably won't retain like mad without 2 full weekly updates. certain things can improve retention a little - like detailed profiles and episode descriptions.

for those who don't mind launching with less retention and sort of growing into it, you could always add a couple leased bonus sites to keep members busy. i mean full leased paysite member areas like the pluginfeeds ones.

i suppose it goes without saying that the more unusual your content is - whether you have a truly original niche or whether you have a spectacular solo model - the better your retention with smaller amounts of content.